PDA

View Full Version : Possibly tranny problems with my Pred

blueskyy
08-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Well today when I was riding I got stuck in some mud and I got off to turn myself around. About a minute later when I was off my Pred the thing shifted into another gear and stalled out?????? Why would this be? Is the tranny getting ready to die or something, also when I shiffted from 2nd to 1st there was a LOUD clunk when I did the down shiffting. Another thought on top of my brain is it possible to put a 05 tranny on a 03 Pred? I myself am a trail rider and reverse would be nice. Would the tranny fit? If so I want to be the 1st one to convert the trannies around. Any input would be nice about my piece of crap tranny. Thanks.

QuadJunkies
09-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by blueskyy
Well today when I was riding I got stuck in some mud and I got off to turn myself around. About a minute later when I was off my Pred the thing shifted into another gear and stalled out?????? Why would this be? Is the tranny getting ready to die or something, also when I shiffted from 2nd to 1st there was a LOUD clunk when I did the down shiffting. Another thought on top of my brain is it possible to put a 05 tranny on a 03 Pred? I myself am a trail rider and reverse would be nice. Would the tranny fit? If so I want to be the 1st one to convert the trannies around. Any input would be nice about my piece of crap tranny. Thanks. If your idle is set too high, it can cause this to happen also.......;) Did you call who I reccomened on this yet???? Dont panic just yet! Could be just as simple as an Adj. to make ;)

2001-400ex'er
09-02-2004, 08:36 AM
It could just be the idle set to high, but first year Predators are known for having tranny problems....

QuadJunkies
09-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by 2001-400ex'er
It could just be the idle set to high, but first year Predators are known for having tranny problems.... yes, but not 1st gear. 3rd and 4th weer the gears with issues........ :)

blueskyy
09-02-2004, 08:52 AM
Well I went riding yesterday and put in neutral and it didn't shift to another gear. The bad news is it still shifts like beatch. Can I have that number to Doug again QJ? Thanks a bunch.

QuadJunkies
09-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by blueskyy
Well I went riding yesterday and put in neutral and it didn't shift to another gear. The bad news is it still shifts like beatch. Can I have that number to Doug again QJ? Thanks a bunch. Oh no.....:( That doesnt sound good.. Best o luck to ya, and get that TRanny update kit!!!let me know what you find out....Ill PM you the info....

Flynbryan19
09-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Blueskyy with the Preds its VERY important to keep your clutch lever slack right, and change your oil OFTEN. I've noticed that mine tends to shift harder when either of these have been neglected. When done right/often I have no probs.

QuadJunkies
09-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Blueskyy with the Preds its VERY important to keep your clutch lever slack right, and change your oil OFTEN. I've noticed that mine tends to shift harder when either of these have been neglected. When done right/often I have no probs. that is correct. In fact, we are having similar issues right now ,but it has something to do with the new Auto Clutch we had put in ...Hopefully we can get it resolved today.......:)