PDA

View Full Version : My first Dirt Wheels picture

PhilMoore
08-31-2004, 08:35 PM
I got a picture in October 2004 Dirt Wheels on page 14 in the lower left corner. It is a pic of my nephew on a quad he, his brother, dad and grandpa built. Dirt Wheels took liberties with the description, but I am still excited about it. My nephew is happy too!
The whole front end does not rotate, like they said in Dirt Wheels. I don't know where they got that idea, or why they would say that without asking for details if they were confused. It is just a 110 threewheeler with a Blaster front end. However, the kids their grandpa fabricated a rear swingarm and mounted it up with a shock, so the unit is fully suspended. They also added rear disk brakes. Plus, they melted down an aluminum diesel cylinder head and cast rear axle spacers to widen it.

bluebaron
08-31-2004, 08:41 PM
where was the pic taken at, one weird looking contraption:p

TheFontMaster
08-31-2004, 08:45 PM
I just saw that in the magazine today. That is one interesting lookin macine. Could ya post a better pic of the front on the thing? I want to get a better look at how that front ends put together.

TheFontMaster
08-31-2004, 08:47 PM
O and that old school helmate is awsome :cool:

PhilMoore
08-31-2004, 08:54 PM
Here is a shot from the front.
I don't have any close up pictures. The next time I see them, I will get some close ups.

The pics were taken at St. Anthony Idaho dunes.

PhilMoore
08-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Sorry, I clicked the wrong file name....

lol
09-01-2004, 07:43 AM
it looks fun :)

freakystone
09-01-2004, 10:32 AM
I am not sure what to say. It certainly looks different. And the kids looks content.

400exdad
09-01-2004, 10:46 AM
I thought this was a joke post and then you produced the front pic! :) I imagine its pretty weird to ride and control, but hey, at least they are out RIDING! And got their pic in DW!

PhilMoore
09-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks everyone.
It is a little (a lot) under powered for dune riding, we had to help him up a few hills. But it is safer than the 3 wheeler now. Don't get me wrong, I love three wheelers, and have several of them. I just don't like the idea of kids on them.

I am proud of the kids because in a day and age when their classmates are sitting around playing video games, they are out getting their hands dirty and learning stuff.