PDA

View Full Version : E-series pipe sounld like chit

kruzofman
08-31-2004, 07:49 PM
well guys i had a e-series a quaple years back when i had a 300ex and i always loved the way it sounded it was a deep 4-stroke sounld ( it was awsome)....but now i have a 400ex and i was thinking of a pipe for it and remembered how nice and deep sounding my 300ex was, so i bought a e-series for my 400 and i love the performance and the looks but, not so sure on the sounld... its more of a hollow more high pitched sounld..does the e-seres for the 400 just sounld like that or do i need new packing or what....because the chity sounld is making me think of getting a differant pipe:o ... what do u think

jmpulse
08-31-2004, 08:47 PM
I hate the sound of the e-series systems. I have the system from http://www.lteracing.com/index.shtml and the sound, power, and looks are killer.

remlapr
08-31-2004, 09:43 PM
Even though I'm probably going to go to something different, I love the sound of mine, deep without being obnoxiously loud.

JOEX
08-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Sounds like it needs new packing.

kruzofman
08-31-2004, 10:20 PM
umm how long does it take to wear out the packing...because i havent had the pipe for very long..i was thinking that myself but wasnt sure...because i dont think i have had it more than 3 months

hondarider2006
08-31-2004, 10:28 PM
I thought that it wasn't loud enough:o Thats why I took out the last disk. btw MAKE SURE that bolth of the mounting bolts are in, and tight, I used to have one, and the bottom mount broke off and it caused my header to crack, welded it up and the same thing happend to the kid I sold it to. I am running a TC shorty now and love it. The quality of White Brothers is no better than DG or Cobra imo...:o

LTZ400rider
08-31-2004, 10:37 PM
how many disc's do u have on it

hondarider2006
08-31-2004, 10:40 PM
when I had the e-series, I had whatever came with it in there for a while, than took all of them out and ran an open end cap. Lotsa noise, but still that pipe doesn't sound good.

400ex28
09-01-2004, 06:30 PM
i have the r4 anyways how long will the packing last usually???

kruzofman
09-01-2004, 06:38 PM
well i had mine for around 3 months, and there is no cracks wear it connects to the header to silencer, and iam running 12 disc.... idk its just weird how it sounlds because one of my buddies had one on his 400 and it totally sounld sweet..it was very deep and sounlded great so i bought one for my 300ex ( quaple years back ) and it was awsome it sounld deep and great, but not as deep as my buddys 400...i just thote it was because of the displacement of the 400 that it sounld deaper the the 300. so here i am, i got myself a 400 and rememberd how sweet the e-series sounded on the 400 so i bought one, but it dont sounld eney thing like my buddys...:( whats up with that

muddy400EX
09-01-2004, 07:44 PM
idk what your talkin about cause when i had my 400 the e-series sounded deep and i thought it sounded awesome. maybe you need new packing.

Steve-o 400EX
09-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by kruzofman
umm how long does it take to wear out the packing...because i havent had the pipe for very long..i was thinking that myself but wasnt sure...because i dont think i have had it more than 3 months

The packing should be changed every 20 hours or so, this is what i was told, i repack mine every 50 hours or so, i run an open endcap and love the way it sounds, i get complimented on it a lot. I doubt its ur packing, do u have a leak anywhere?? What airfilter are u using?

JOEX
09-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I don't think the packing should need replacing after three months either. Mine was almost three years old before I replaced it.

I'll be making a post about repacking in the near future, something did work right:( :rolleyes:

thame2010
09-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I thought that it wasn't loud enough:o Thats why I took out the last disk. btw MAKE SURE that bolth of the mounting bolts are in, and tight, I used to have one, and the bottom mount broke off and it caused my header to crack, welded it up and the same thing happend to the kid I sold it to. I am running a TC shorty now and love it. The quality of White Brothers is no better than DG or Cobra imo...:o
Didn't you buy an HMF slip-on after the wb???? :confused:

hondarider2006
09-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by thame2010
Didn't you buy an HMF slip-on after the wb???? :confused:

Yes I did, and a friend of mine that I sold the wb to...well lets just say after being welded up about 4 times, in fianly broke in half. So him needing a new pipe, and having the money, I saw that Muff was selling his TC shorty for $200, so I sold my HMF for $200 and go the TC. Bike feels like it pulls a little harder now, and revs faster, but it could all be in my head....I also like the noise of the TC:devil:

kruzofman
09-03-2004, 04:58 PM
idk but it just sounld totally differant, does having the full sistem with the maga phone make it sounld and diff becase thats what i had on my 300ex and like i said it sounld deep.....what other pipes sounld nice and deep, or just have a good sounld...how does that sparks pipe sounld

Steve-o 400EX
09-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Having the full system will actually make it a little quieter. The sparks pipe is the loudedst from what i have been told. But noise shouldn't matter, performance is what counts. You souldnt buy a pipe becaue it sounds good.;)

hondarider2006
09-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Steve-o 400EX
Having the full system will actually make it a little quieter. The sparks pipe is the loudedst from what i have been told. But noise shouldn't matter, performance is what counts. You souldnt buy a pipe becaue it sounds good.;)

I believe the TC shorty is louder;)

Steve-o 400EX
09-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I believe the TC shorty is louder;)

I would think that any shorty would be louder than a full length because the muffler is there to give back pressure which also reduces sound. the less back pressure a machine has, the louder it will be in MOST cases.;)