PDA

View Full Version : shocks

yellerfour00
08-31-2004, 07:32 PM
what do u think is better elka's or peps front shocks if i get the peps im getting a deal if i get the elka's im paying full price but i wanted elka's whihc ones do u guys think are better

R3Concepts
08-31-2004, 08:26 PM
P E P, JMO cant touch em on the mx track.

Tommy 17
08-31-2004, 09:31 PM
order peps and they'll be here for next christmas:o

R3Concepts
08-31-2004, 10:28 PM
Thats all people say about PEP..long wait, long wait. BLAH! Thats all BS. Mark is 4-5 weeks out on PEP right now. I got my shocks from Wayne in 3 weeks, so it does not take that long. YES, I know the next reply will be well Elka only takes 1 or 2 weeks.. Well Elka has pairs of shocks piled up Im sure. Besides Wayne and Mark take a lot more time to get your valving exactly right.

yellerfour00
09-01-2004, 06:47 PM
welll the peps i can have then when ever i want my buddy has then and they were set up for him he used then maybe 4 or 5 races and hes just parting out his quad he wants to build a 400ex with a new 450 motor on it and we are the same skill leavel and weigh with in 2 pounds diffence of each other so i think im just buying them peps... i just wanted to know whihc ones were better and what not

TC426EX
09-01-2004, 07:02 PM
I love my PEP's and wont ever ride anything else as Ive said before. Ive ridden elkas before on friends bikes too, and theyre good, but bottom line is that if you ride MX, and your friend has PEP's the PEP is gonna be the better MX shock in my opinion... What are they ZPS or what?

And for the record, Baldwin's wait on a new set of PEP's is about 4-5 weeks like R3 said... I just took mine there to get setup for my new +3's and thats what he said hes running for NEW ones. To get mine revalved and serviced is only ONE week... Im not saying theres anything wrong with elka shocks, theyre great, but I like the personal attention that goes into PEP shocks and that only 2 people build them in the nation, Mark and Wayne... Elka can get your shocks in a week because they mass build them and have alot of different people doing it...

yellerfour00
09-01-2004, 07:36 PM
ight thanks for the info ill prolly just pick up tht peps because they will be cheaper and they sound like what im looking for so why dish out all the extra money when these ones have hardly been used....

jason