PDA

View Full Version : motion pro twist throttle

267ex
08-31-2004, 05:37 PM
After waiting 2 1/2 weeks for my twist throttle to get here I got a call from my local honda shop telling me to come get it. soon after i was in my garage ripping my quad apart. I do not recomend gust scanning the instructions, take your time, i had to go back & try again two times. finally it was done, i sarted my 250ex(with my had on the kill switch ready to go) . idle sound perfpect, i gave i lil gas & tested it out. next thing i knew myhelmet was on & i was doing wheelies( after acouple or practice passes) up & down my street. It felt so much more comfortable & WAY easier to wheelie. I got althe way up to 4th. cant wait for this weekend ARMAGOSA!!

**9/10 : it would have been a 10/10 if my honda shop didnt drag there @ss to get it.**

IMO I think its great & will never own a sport quad w/ out it.

08-31-2004, 06:36 PM
mine will be in either thursday or friday. i order the motion pro cr pro. was it easy to install and how long did it take. thanks.

{EDIT} what model did you get?

267ex
09-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by sEX
{EDIT} what model did you get?

I ordered the cr but got the agricultural model. the guy said its just likecr but has a throttle adjust on it. he said that its for younger riders so they cant go wide open . so i took that out & its fine now. it was some what simple, probly took me like 30-45mins, also i felt like it accelerated a lil faster. could have just been cuz i havent rode for amonth. let me know how u like it.

09-01-2004, 04:47 PM
i cant wait till it comes in i never heard of the agriculture model. how long did it take you to get use to it and did you ever have seat time with a twist

267ex
09-01-2004, 05:16 PM
i just put it on yesturday & i went riding for like an hour after just flat straights & turns. ive never have seet time w/ any twist just w/ my old z50 play bike. i am us to it riding flat terrain, i think i will get use to it after an hour or 2 of riding. cant wait!!

BlueZ440
09-01-2004, 06:05 PM
B very careful on the whoops section. I have one and everytime I get to the whoops I get very scare. One single mistake and you are full throttle thru the whoops.

turnandburn
09-01-2004, 10:29 PM
twist throttles and quads= trouble. watch out on hills!

267ex
09-07-2004, 04:49 PM
i went for a real ride on sunday. i love the twist it feels so much better after riding. I had no problems going up hills, I was a little scared at first but after putting around for 30 mins i was riding as good as i did w/ the thumb.

OH YEAH!! my honda shop tried to screw me, they sold me a twist throttle for a recon, the agricultural model is for 4mph or less! i called motion pro & they said to take it off asap because the throttle could get stuck wide open, & they would send an entire throttle assembly to replace that one : ) I hope its soon because i want to go riding.:blah:
So me & my local shop are going to have a very long talk!!
The one they gave me only cost them $25 bucks but they charged me $50!!!