PDA

View Full Version : blue smoke

ny300exrider
08-31-2004, 04:04 PM
i took out the 400ex today for the first time in about a week. i was riding around for about 20 minutes and it ran great. i did two little wheelies and on the second one i tilted it back on the grab bar for seocnd or two. after i put it down and cranked it up again my freind stated he saw alittle blueish whiteish smoke puffing out. it only smoked once and a while and only when i hit the gas. i rode it after that for a minute and it still did it. what do you think the problem is? rings? i frikin hope it isnt a top end. i installed a quiet core on my pipe the day before. could that have leaned it out a bit? im running a 155 main with the air box lid on..

please help:rolleyes:

thanks

Aceman
08-31-2004, 04:47 PM
I'd say a little bit of oil worked it's way into the cylinder when you stood her up. I'd check your oil then start your quad up and ride around for awhile, say 15 or 20 minutes and I bet the smoke will have gone away by then. If not, then that's another story.

ny300exrider
08-31-2004, 05:02 PM
yep i think thats exactly what happened because i just went out to check it out and theres nothing at all. so i think some oil just into the cylinder when i stood it up because it happened directly after that. thanks man