4TraxRider
08-31-2004, 05:58 PM
Dont even look at the raptor.

Ward
09-01-2004, 07:40 PM
yea.......what they said

YamaWarr0121
09-01-2004, 07:47 PM
haha you can listen to these guys, or go and sit on them both and go into riding poses and sitting positions... my brother in law doesn't feel comfortable at all on the yfz, he loves his raptor.. i think if you are 5'10" plus you will need a raptor or atleast a few mods done to change the height of the yfz.. ( higher stem, bars, lower pegs)

400Ex_Rida
09-01-2004, 08:31 PM
If anything the raptor is too uncomfortable. It is too narrow and tall. The yfz will take any turn you throw at it with ease.

livealatimmy
09-02-2004, 08:47 AM
I agree the YFZ is the one to have. The rapter is so tall it almost feels like sitting on an Ute at least to me it does

WOracing
09-02-2004, 11:16 AM
umm raptor all the way...i think people favor the yfz to much...its a way better trail machine then a yfz....go with the raptor

WOracing
09-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 400Ex_Rida
If anything the raptor is too uncomfortable. It is too narrow and tall. The yfz will take any turn you throw at it with ease.

and you have no idea what your talking about...the yfz is 20 times more uncomfortable then the raptor, its much better for wide open trails

400Ex_Rida
09-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
and you have no idea what your talking about...the yfz is 20 times more uncomfortable then the raptor, its much better for wide open trails

:rolleyes:

YamaWarr0121
09-02-2004, 02:43 PM
okay stop guys, just go to the dealer ship, sit on them, make some quad noises, move around, and you will already be given onto which one feels better for YOU. its all opinion, you decide.

theyfctr
09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
yfz is not that comfortable but is better in most types of riding

I would definately get a yfz

400Ex_Rida
09-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
okay stop guys, just go to the dealer ship, sit on them, make some quad noises, move around, and you will already be given onto which one feels better for YOU. its all opinion, you decide.

Exactly, just go sit on them and make your decision.

400-416EX
09-02-2004, 03:00 PM
I would say the YFZ over the raptor but it is all up to you man. Like they said go to the dealer and check them both out. If you let them know when you get there you may buy one that day they may let you ride both of them in the parking lot. Then you can make your own opinion. Good luck let us know what you ended up with

Splatter Matter
09-02-2004, 03:52 PM
i would say a 85 quadsport is the best just kidding
the yfz is my choice its fast handles like its on rails it fell a lot better than the rap at high speed. but for slow trail riding the rap is a lot smother ride

raptor_02
09-02-2004, 07:46 PM
it comes down to what is important to you. Is better handleing, more power, better suspension more important or is a softer seat and reverse more important. That's what it boils down to? If a soft seat and reverse are main prioritys get the craptor. But if you want the machine that is better in every aspect of riding like jumping, turning, flying through trails then get the YFZ. The raptor has lots of handling issues

09-02-2004, 08:14 PM
stay away from the raptor at all costs no matter how cool it sounds with its 660cc's or how cool it looks...stay away

InsAyneROostin
09-02-2004, 08:40 PM
Okay, go to the dealer, check the bikes out'n all that jazz. But mind you, the YFZ is a good all-around bike, it has hardly any bottom end whatsoever. Now I know that you're doing WO trails, but take into perspective the fact, that the raptor has a LOT more low end, a broader (even a word?) power spread, reverse, more ergonomical, a more comfortable feel. And for the people who say the Rap's too tippy, (No flaming intended) But you obviously did not take the time to learn the machine and how it handled. I rode my uncle's raptor on father's day weekend, and let's just say it's a whole world of difference than my 450R. It had so much more stump-pulling torque it was AMAZING to say the least. stock mind you. But it's all your point of view, choice, preference. The YFZ is for fast stuff, the raptor is for everything else. Take yer pick.

Jordan

400Ex_Rida
09-02-2004, 09:52 PM
I dont want to start anything either but i didnt feel the stump pullin power of the raptors i rode. they have power yes, but nothin compared to the yfz.

raptor_02
09-02-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by InsAyneROostin
Okay, go to the dealer, check the bikes out'n all that jazz. But mind you, the YFZ is a good all-around bike, it has hardly any bottom end whatsoever. Now I know that you're doing WO trails, but take into perspective the fact, that the raptor has a LOT more low end, a broader (even a word?) power spread, reverse, more ergonomical, a more comfortable feel. And for the people who say the Rap's too tippy, (No flaming intended) But you obviously did not take the time to learn the machine and how it handled. I rode my uncle's raptor on father's day weekend, and let's just say it's a whole world of difference than my 450R. It had so much more stump-pulling torque it was AMAZING to say the least. stock mind you. But it's all your point of view, choice, preference. The YFZ is for fast stuff, the raptor is for everything else. Take yer pick.

Jordan no low end power for the YFZ??? What are u smoking, YFZ's with a pipe and proper jetting have plenty of low end power. When I had 18 inch tires with stock gearing I could pull 3rd gear hole shots no problem. Lets see a craptor do that

InsAyneROostin
09-03-2004, 02:06 AM
You got a point. Well said. :o

freakystone
09-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Coming off of a few Z400's, 400EX and a couple Dales, I have to say...

GET THE FRIGGIN YFZ.

jcs327
09-05-2004, 11:23 AM
the original post asked which is better for quarries and open trails. I just bought my 05 yzf thursday, still bone stock. Yesterday I drag raced a piped and jetted raptor, IN A SAND PIT, MUCH LIKE A QUARRY. needless to say, the guy on the raptor was ready to go trade it in for a yfz. There is simply no comparrison, go with the yfz.

MY450R
09-07-2004, 09:46 AM
get the trx 450r it is the best all around quad ever made and all the yfz and raptor owners know this already haha

exrider360
09-07-2004, 11:21 AM
if your a big dude get a rapy if not 450

theyfctr
09-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
umm raptor all the way...i think people favor the yfz to much...its a way better trail machine then a yfz....go with the raptor

Everything in this is wrong

nhyfzrider
09-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by InsAyneROostin

Jordan

you can leave a yfz in 3rd all day on trails, (piped) come almost to a stop and rev it to the moon in a second. i'm convinced it's the best engine out there. tons of torque, and peaks like a 2-stroke. after you raise the gearing it will still pull like a freight train. raptors are nice but not high performance. :muscle: :muscle: