PDA

View Full Version : laegars a-arms help please!

bradley300
08-31-2004, 12:58 AM
just got my new laegers plus 3 a-arms for my blaster and just has a few questions.

firts of all, there are no bushings-are they missing or do they not come with them?

second, how do the upper ball joints stay in the spindle? there not threaded at all and they just look about the shape of a giant grease zerk, so i'm baffled as to how they can stay in there

third, does anyone have any idae as to what caster is good to run (i think its caster, how far in or out the tops of the tires are in realtion to the bottom)

thanks for everyones help!

TC426EX
08-31-2004, 09:17 AM
Did you buy them new??

bradley300
08-31-2004, 09:40 AM
yeah, there brand new from baldwin

figured out the second and third question. just wondering now if there were supposed to come w/ new bushings, my burgaurd swingy did, so i just assumed a-arms would be the same. i know the stock ones out of the stock a-arms would fit, but i was hoping on a new set.

XANDADA
08-31-2004, 11:20 AM
I had to pay extra for them, I think it was $70...

08-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
I had to pay extra for them, I think it was $70...

You have to to be F'in kidden me.....That is the most retarded thing I"ve ever heard of.

Laeger gets a big thumbs down from me..:rolleyes: I guess they assume most people in the world keep A-arm bushing layin around on the coffee table in the dining room..:rolleyes:

Bradley why did you not go with snyder motorsports???? Send the POS's back and tell Mark L. ta jam it in his arse and thanks for the halfazz built arms..:eek2:

XANDADA
08-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Call them Brad, his website says that they come with Laeger's pivot bushings :confused: maybe he forgot them. I got JB Racing arms and was charged extra for them. I incorrectly assumed it would be the same for the Laeger's...:o

Sorry Rico, didn't mean to get you all worked up for nuthin:devil:

08-31-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by XANDADA

Sorry Rico, didn't mean to get you all worked up for nuthin:devil:

:o

You did it on purpose I bet.

I still dont' know why he didn't go to the blaster gurus at http://www.snydermotorsports.net/

TC426EX
08-31-2004, 02:02 PM
All I know is that both sets of Laegers Ive owned came with everything including bushings new... I just bought my 3rd set and they were included as well. Laeger makes some of the best A arms on the market if you ask me, especially the std. travel ones. Snyder is good for blasters, but I thought Trenga were the real blaster kings...

08-31-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
but I thought Trenga were the real blaster kings...

They are the west coast kings and now snyder is taking over the east coast..:D

Oh and sorry I sounded bad toward laeger earlier, his products are the standards most built upon, but shipping out arms with no bushings just lit me up....:eek2:

XCAdam89
08-31-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey bradley, once you get that all sorted out let me know how it rides.

and Rico, I'm deciding which a-arms to get. I will either get the burgard's or snyder. with elka dual rate comp. adj. with piggy. res. I will be running a burgard +2 swingarm, same as bradley. Should be pretty sweet when its all done. Pappy will also be getting some parts to bling a redvein, and some silvervein. I'll post some pics up soon. Before and After build.

hondarider2006
08-31-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Rico
You have to to be F'in kidden me.....That is the most retarded thing I"ve ever heard of.

Laeger gets a big thumbs down from me..:rolleyes: I guess they assume most people in the world keep A-arm bushing layin around on the coffee table in the dining room..:rolleyes:

Bradley why did you not go with snyder motorsports???? Send the POS's back and tell Mark L. ta jam it in his arse and thanks for the halfazz built arms..:eek2:

Friend of mine just got some Laegers for his Raptor and had to spend about $50(dealer cost) on bushings, rip-off if you ask me:o

bradley300
09-01-2004, 12:45 AM

i'll be gouing with them on some other small stuff, prolly buy my carb and oil injector block off thier, i saw them on ********, so i'll help them out when i can, but the laegers a-arms i just bought are the only LT a-arms on the market for blasters and use 16 inch shocks, i think stock length is 14.25 or 14.5 so i thought the lt would be worth the xtra money

XCAdam89
09-01-2004, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i'll be gouing with them on some other small stuff, prolly buy my carb and oil injector block off thier, i saw them on ********, so i'll help them out when i can, but the laegers a-arms i just bought are the only LT a-arms on the market for blasters and use 16 inch shocks, i think stock length is 14.25 or 14.5 so i thought the lt would be worth the xtra money

Snyder motorsports also makes LT a-arms, and can use stock 400ex shocks or aftermarket elkas built for those arms.

Heres a picture.

http://www.vcatv.com/PBpictures/snyderarms1.jpg

and mounted.

http://www.vcatv.com/PBpictures/snyderarms2.jpg

PRICE***$709

Meek
09-01-2004, 04:49 AM
just got my new laegers plus 3 a-arms for my blaster
How wide does that make the front end? Are you rinning 4/1 wheels?

TC426EX
09-01-2004, 06:20 AM
Hey blaster12408 is that a walsh frame on your blaster?? Looks like the classic walsh front tubes...

markk
09-01-2004, 08:54 AM

third, does anyone have any idae as to what caster is good to run (i think its caster, how far in or out the tops of the tires are in realtion to the bottom)

thanks for everyones help!

I think that is Camber, (but i could be wrong) I thought that caster, Was moving the ball joints forward, or backward, To adjust how free your stearing will be!

(if thats wronge somone please explain to me)

YamaWarr0121
09-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Hey blaster12408 is that a walsh frame on your blaster?? Looks like the classic walsh front tubes...

lmao..yeahh its a walsh frame alrighty buddy! :rolleyes:

lol jk its just a stock yamaha frame, that's how all blasters are

bradley300
09-01-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Meek
How wide does that make the front end? Are you rinning 4/1 wheels?

width w/ the stock whelels should be 46 inches, maybe 47 or so w/ shock sag, 4+1 wheels will bring it in an inch on each side, but you need conversion hubs f/ honda pattern, no one makes a 4+1 wheel in a yamaha pattern.

no, thats a stock blaster frame

blaster12408, the laegers a-arms are 10 bucks cheaper than snyders, plus the laegers name. didnt know anyone else made lts tho, nice to know

bradley300
09-01-2004, 10:39 AM
All I know is that both sets of Laegers Ive owned came with everything including bushings new... I just bought my 3rd set and they were included as well. Laeger makes some of the best A arms on the market if you ask me, especially the std. travel ones. Snyder is good for blasters, but I thought Trenga were the real blaster kings...

did you buy both sets for hondas? i just noticed that for 1, my a-arms arent on the laegers site. all the hondas it says comes with bushings, but on the banshee it says uses stock bushings.

and as for trenga, ive only heard thier a bunch of jackazz's. snyder will be getting my business b4 trenga

09-01-2004, 12:30 PM

blaster12408, the laegers a-arms are 10 bucks cheaper than snyders, plus the laegers name.

I bet the snyder arms come with bushings though...:blah: :macho

TC426EX
09-01-2004, 01:39 PM
did you buy both sets for hondas? i just noticed that for 1, my a-arms arent on the laegers site. all the hondas it says comes with bushings, but on the banshee it says uses stock bushings.

and as for trenga, ive only heard thier a bunch of jackazz's. snyder will be getting my business b4 trenga

Yes, I had a set of +3's on a 250R and Ive had a set of +2+1 and now a set of +3+1 on my 400ex and they all came with bushings. I think Laeger is some of the best, but Ill admit that thats MESSED up if your set didnt come with bushings man... Did you try calling Mark Baldwin back where you bought them from and see what he has to say about it???

XCAdam89
09-01-2004, 03:39 PM

Thats not my blaster. Mine will have burgard +3+1 A-arms, with elka dual rate comp. adj. shocks w/ piggy res. Burgard +2 swingarm as well.

gibson400ex
09-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
lmao..yeahh its a walsh frame alrighty buddy! :rolleyes:

lol jk its just a stock yamaha frame, that's how all blasters are

Not my blaster!:devil: All Walsh!

I would seriously either send them back or ask for the bushings, its Bullchit.

Meek
09-01-2004, 10:37 PM
no one makes a 4+1 wheel in a yamaha pattern.
http://www.z400central.com/burgard/BLASTER.html

Burgard Cycle Beadlock Wheels

YAMAHA BLASTER

8" Diameter -(3x5 Offset) - Only $220.00/Pair
9" Diameter - (3x5 Offset) - Only $240.00/Pair
Front Size & Price:

10" Diameter - (3x2 and 4x1 Offsets)
$240.00/Pair

ex kid
09-02-2004, 07:32 AM
bradley, go to blasterhq.com or projectblaster.com and in their picture sections a kid just put a Laeger/PEP front end on his blaster with lots of picutures. maybe that can help you out.

bradley300
09-02-2004, 08:50 AM
just talked to mark baldwin and honestly, i'm rather pissed. they dont come w/ bushings, your supposed to use the stock ones. well, my stock ones are shot because i held off buying them because i thought i was getting new ones when i got my a-arms. so heres what ive got

a-arms plus shipping 725 bucks
bushings 200 bucks from pivot works
new pc job (laegers only offers one color, grey hammertone:rolleyes: ) 50 bucks from catmostfeared

so now ive got 975 bucks in a set of a-arms advertised as 699 plus shipping. probably still buy a laegers steering stem just so the brands match (i just like to have as much of the same brand, dont know why) but if i ever do another project, i'llbe calling roll design, ars-fx or houser

bradley300
09-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Meek
http://www.z400central.com/burgard/BLASTER.html

Burgard Cycle Beadlock Wheels

YAMAHA BLASTER

8" Diameter -(3x5 Offset) - Only $220.00/Pair
9" Diameter - (3x5 Offset) - Only $240.00/Pair
Front Size & Price:

10" Diameter - (3x2 and 4x1 Offsets)
$240.00/Pair

thanks for the update meeker, but i'm really wanting hipers

TC426EX
09-02-2004, 09:55 AM
200bucks for f*kin bushings?? i dont think i ever paid that much for em. i would be pissed too man, im really surprised they didnt come with them...

Meek
09-02-2004, 10:44 PM
thanks for the update meek, but i'm really wanting hipers
I know what ya mean

bradley300
09-03-2004, 01:35 AM
200bucks for f*kin bushings?? i dont think i ever paid that much for em. i would be pissed too man, im really surprised they didnt come with them...

ya i know, i could prolly got them cheaper thru thequadshop, buts jeffs out of town and i wanted to get them ordered ASAP in case white brothers only had them in CA cause that takes an extra week and i'm wating to run sparta

Meek
09-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Forget Sparta, you won't be walking right for a long time, let alone trying to ride after a reaming like that.:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

09-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Bradley I just appointed myself as your purchasing agent. Contact me from this point on before buying any parts..:macho

bradley300
09-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Bradley I just appointed myself as your purchasing agent. Contact me from this point on before buying any parts..:macho

lmao

Pappy
09-03-2004, 09:10 AM
if stock bushings work why didnt ya just get a set of them instead of taking that kind of *** reamin:grr:

bradley300
09-03-2004, 06:44 PM
stock bushings are almost the same price and would have taken twice as long to get here

XCAdam89
09-03-2004, 08:34 PM
has your LT elka's came yet brad?

bradley300
09-04-2004, 08:12 AM
they should have by now, bu jeff will be out of town until teusday i beleive

bradley300
09-29-2004, 09:25 PM
its amazing how mad you are at a company until you use thier product this front end ROCKS and i'd buy it again in a heartbeat

also took back the pivot works kit and bought just the bushings, no sleeves or dust covers (still using the original ones) and got the price down a bit

bradley300
09-30-2004, 09:15 AM
heres pic !