PDA

View Full Version : lynville,Ind

waloud
08-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Looking at going this weekend if everything works out. It's been about a year, any changes?

remlapr
08-30-2004, 10:40 PM
No big changes that I know of, check out .www.lincolncountrytrailriders.com (http://www.lincolncountrytrailriders.com/), they have a big group going up there this weekend camping on the state side. They have sort of become the unofficial club for Lynnville

waloud
08-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the info. Have they sold the private side yet?

400ex28
08-31-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey guys i ride up there alot also... i was there last saturday and people are still riding on the private side... so i dont know if it has sold yet i guess not because ppl are still riding on that side

markk
09-07-2004, 10:05 PM
I had some buddies go to Lynvill a year ago, or soo, But how is it, Like do u pay to ride, Or how does it work?????

remlapr
09-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Part of it is state land and part of it is private land that was owned by a gas\coal company or something. The private side has been sold or is for sale so it's days are number, but the best riding is on the state side anyway. To ride on the state side you have to have Indiana registration number - doesn't matter where you're from, you have to have them. Beyond the $30 you pay for the registration that's good for three years, you don't have to pay anything to ride there.

waloud
09-08-2004, 04:57 AM
I was there this past weekend and had a good time. It's got a little of everything except for a track. We camped on Sat. night and had a good time. I'm hoping to make a couple more trips up there before winter.

jcsact
09-08-2004, 11:00 AM
I was there this weekend too. :D Private side is in negotiation so like rem said the days are numbered. You might show up and it will all be posted so if you are planning on riding the private side only don't be suprised if you can't. The CO's said they will not say anything about riding the Private side till the owner of the property puts up No Tresspassing signs and/or tells them no one is allowed to ride there. Then they will have to ticket you for Trespassing. But as of right now everything is still as is. There are a few Northen tracks of land that did sell that have No Trespassing signs up.

We (www.lincolncountrytrailriders.com) also ride other places but Sprugeon/Interlake/Lynville is really close to a lot of us. :) Hope to see you guys there sometime.

300ex13
09-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by markk
I had some buddies go to Lynvill a year ago, or soo, But how is it, Like do u pay to ride, Or how does it work?????

the state side you HAVE to be registered the private u dont...but they may have sold it already, its been a few months since ive been there

waloud
09-12-2004, 10:34 PM
We rode on both sides, but mainly stayed on the state side. Do they ever close the state side for hunting? We saw a few turkey's around the lakes. I'm looking at going back in the middle of Oct.
JCSACT-Was you with the MTR guys? I stopped and got some tools from one of the guys there to fix my buddy's raptor. The plastic sleves came off of the carbs.

jcsact
09-13-2004, 09:16 AM
No but they held there meeting at our camp. We are www.lincolncountrytrailriders.com We had a poker run Sunday.

waloud
09-13-2004, 09:30 PM
I remember seeing some shirts or a sign or something with that name that weekend. We camped right passed you guys just off of the road. Looking forward to another trip there.

jcsact
09-14-2004, 07:34 AM
Stop by and intoduce yourself next time you are up. I never know when I am going to get a chance to go. Having a little one keeps me on my toes. Plus the wife don't let me get out every weekend. ;) You should check out our board and chat with a few from our group. Where are you from?

waloud
09-15-2004, 04:33 AM
Next time I will stop. I'll get on the board this weekend.