PDA

View Full Version : flipping the peg mounts on AC Pro pegs?

remlapr
08-30-2004, 10:24 PM
I've noticed on most quads with AC pro pegs, the pegs look about stock height or even higher, but on some peoples quads the pegs are sitting lower and you can see the mounting bolts above the pegs. I thought people were making custom mounts or modifying the mounts that come from AC, but here is a picture of Chino's and you can see how they are sitting lower, below the bolts and he said he is using the AC peg mounts, no fabrication. So the only thing I can think is that you can flip the mounts causing the pegs to sit lower?? Anybody done this with the new stype with the built in heel guards?

theTman
08-31-2004, 04:26 AM
on mine...when i installed them one side was longer than the other..it has like an extention, this was to clear the shifter i think...or it was the brake lever...so i dont know:confused:

muff
08-31-2004, 07:33 AM
this is possible. however look how the nerfs themselfs are lower than the bottom of the frame. when you bottom out the quad you feet would basically be pounding into the ground (not a good idea).

the new nerfs use the same mounting hardware, so you could flip them upside down and run them like that, but i wouldnt do it.

09-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by muff
when you bottom out the quad you feet would basically be pounding into the ground (not a good idea).

I"ve done that with my propegs as it is. Rem I think you need ta get a taller stem or something. That setup might get yo bigazz hurt dawg....:(

stocktires
09-05-2004, 07:29 PM
feet pounding into the ground? How?
When you bottom out, you frame isn't hitting the ground so it should be fine.
I don't have a 400ex on hand, so I can't check out the mounting.

RytM1
09-06-2004, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure if you would be able to do that with the pro-pegs. If you turn the mounting plate upside down, you'll drop the foot peg mounting location, which then means that the upper mounting location for the heel guard probably wouldn't line up.

Rootar
09-07-2004, 08:02 AM
my AC propegs with heel guards are just a tad higher thanthe stock ones i measured them when i put them on and the acpropegs w/heels are 3/8 inch higer to the top of the peg they also feel tall b/c they are wider or they did to me but im use to them now (it is easier to do can cans out at the track now)

Florida400EX
09-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Why would you want them lower? I like them higher, the quad seems more mobile that way, especially in turns.

remlapr
09-11-2004, 09:35 PM
quicker in and out of the saddle

Bill Fuller
09-11-2004, 09:37 PM
I ran mine upside down to lower foot peg hieght.