PDA

View Full Version : what do u guys think?

flat_track400ex
08-30-2004, 07:57 PM
ok i'm almost done w/ my first year or flat track racing and planing on doing some big upgrades to my 400ex and i was wondering:
if i sould spend the money on a 426 kit, stage 2 cam carb port polish and wahtever else

or sould i invest in a CRF450 swap if i do that what all do i need like harness and whatever else i need
need some advice while i got the money
thanks

TC426EX
08-30-2004, 09:53 PM
You will need to get your frame modified for the swap. JB Racing is the best at doing these conversions, and the price is very reasonable. East Coast ATV does it too, but is more expensive with no real advantage. Other than that youre gonna need a full wiring harness/cdi unit, a kicker extension, fabbed up motor mounts ( I think JB Racing includes them), and a modified boot for the airbox to the carb. Youll also need a radiator and a new piece to mount the cooling hose into the case at a new angle ( I think dream makes them or walsh). Youll have to get a CRF450 exhaust system (many use TC), and fab up a mount on the subframe to mount it. Its best to have the frame done by pros like JB because there are alot of issues as far as getting the chain to line up flush and getting the engine positioned right in the frame. I listed JB's number below. I would give Jody a call and he will take you through all that is required, he has done MANY of these conversions...

JB Racing...
Phone: 814-922-3523