PDA

View Full Version : Kenda Knarly MXR

Ralph
08-30-2004, 06:55 PM
EDIT: Before you read this you need to know that kenda has totatly take care of it and the tire wear shows is not normal, im not going to edit the origional text.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In MY own opinion, The kenda Knarly MXR's are junk. Atleast for anyone who isnt sponsored by kenda. The following pic of the tires is after 2 motos, and 1 day of riding at rausch creek.

Ralph
08-30-2004, 06:56 PM
2/3

Ralph
08-30-2004, 06:57 PM
not impressed at all, they should just be loosing their "Nipples"

theTman
08-30-2004, 06:59 PM
wow that stinks!

ralph2
08-30-2004, 07:00 PM
garbage!!!:rolleyes:

400ex28
08-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Ha ha man that sucks i bet your pissed...

ralph2
08-30-2004, 07:04 PM
yeah there like brand new

Ralph
08-30-2004, 07:07 PM
BTW, their Ralph2's tires but i have all the pics and ****

Sportrax10
08-30-2004, 07:56 PM
That really sucks...:(

Does anyone know if the Klaws have the same problem?:confused:

TCracin440ex
08-30-2004, 07:57 PM
thats the same thing my holeshot mxr's did after a few trips to the track...hopefully kenda klaws are better if not ill get the mxr4

CTmxyfz
08-30-2004, 08:06 PM
fix is- get razr mxs

TCracin440ex
08-30-2004, 08:08 PM
i dont like razr mx so.....im gonna try the kenda klaw mx's and if they show signs of early wear ill get rid of them asap...and get the holeshot mxr4

AC 400 ex 02
08-30-2004, 09:17 PM
damn ralph, thats rough, my klaws seemed to hold up alot better than that, must be a different compound tire or something, a tire shouldnt shred that fast,

Dust_1503
08-30-2004, 09:37 PM
I've Ran Klaw MX's on hard pack clay and they still look awesome, no problems so far.

TC426EX
08-30-2004, 10:36 PM
WOW, those knarlys are wearing faster than my ****ty holeshots I used to run. I have since seen the light and will stick to the Razr MX's all around. Going on my second season on them and theyre still great. I really didnt think it was possible to have a worse tire than the holeshots but I guess so...

DEAL
08-30-2004, 11:56 PM
are they defective or something?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-31-2004, 08:22 AM
I would have to say that the klaws have a longer life span/ mine have at least 85%- 90% tread on them and they are a year old.

Ralph
08-31-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
I would have to say that the klaws have a longer life span/ mine have at least 85%- 90% tread on them and they are a year old.

whats the deal with the rubber ripping off in chunks not wearing down. Also Even after 2 motos they showed excessive wear...

TC426EX
08-31-2004, 09:16 AM
This only reinforces my view that Kenda is crap...

TheFontMaster
08-31-2004, 09:59 AM
It looks like there was a defect in the tire. Tires shouldn't do that. I'd say try to return them to where ever you bought them.

bradley300
08-31-2004, 10:11 AM
i'm sure if you contacted kenda w/ those pics, they would help you out, they shouldnt rip apart like that

Yamahauler_04
08-31-2004, 12:06 PM
That is probably normal. The Holeshot MXR's were the same way. They were a one race tire. They were designed for the person who wants maximum traction, not maximum life from the tire.

The new MXR4 was designed because not everyone has tire sponsors, and gets a new set every race.

Trust me, it sucks, but I think you bought the wrong tire.

08-31-2004, 02:35 PM
Looks like some tire companies need to do some testing at Rausch creek.

That terrain is pretty hard on anything and spinning 18 inch tires of any kind in that crap all day would probably do in just about any tire...:confused:

Ralph
08-31-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Looks like some tire companies need to do some testing at Rausch creek.

That terrain is pretty hard on anything and spinning 18 inch tires of any kind in that crap all day would probably do in just about any tire...:confused:

my turf tamers and front klaw mx barely lost their nipples, the rear holeshot mx on his blaster didnt show any wear so...... from new to ****canned in one day, ummm if i was them id put an advisory sign somewhere telling people to buy them in bulk...

btw they were shot 1/2 way through the day so i guess most people should bring 2 sets of them for one day...

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-31-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm with bradly call kenda explain the situation and see if they can help :)

AtvMxRider
08-31-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
not impressed at all, they should just be loosing their "Nipples"

Maybe they have big nipples:confused:

03EX
08-31-2004, 05:01 PM
Yea something has to be wrong there My Klaw's have seen over
5 6hr days of hard terrain and a lot of silt "witch is about the worst for tires than anywhere" and they dont show any sign of wear yet!!
Definatly call them they should replace them without any issues

Pappy
08-31-2004, 05:05 PM
did he only ride the mx track or did he venture on the trails?

Ralph
08-31-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by 03EX
Yea something has to be wrong there My Klaw's have seen over
5 6hr days of hard terrain and a lot of silt "witch is about the worst for tires than anywhere" and they dont show any sign of wear yet!!
Definatly call them they should replace them without any issues

these are the knarlys

Ralph
08-31-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
did he only ride the mx track or did he venture on the trails?

just the mx track

Pappy
08-31-2004, 05:09 PM
id try and call kenda...which should have been the first thing you did instead of making a thread bashing them.

rausch creek is mean on equipment. but i agree, they should have lasted a bit more then a few laps

Ralph
08-31-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
id try and call kenda...which should have been the first thing you did instead of making a thread bashing them.

rausch creek is mean on equipment. but i agree, they should have lasted a bit more then a few laps

i realy dont think it is a defect but if it is it wont hurt them because people will see that they took care of it. i would edit my first post to show that its a diff situation so people dont get the wrong idea. If it isnt a defect then we did nothing wrong...

ill e-mail em right now for him since he is real busy and keep u updated on how they react.

03EX
08-31-2004, 06:05 PM
these are the knarlys

I know that but !!! they should take more of a beating than the Klaws!

Kilabanshee
08-31-2004, 06:23 PM
I tested my brand new holeshot xcr rear tires out at rausch and like ralph said only a few of the nipples were gone. I also tested out kenda klaw xcf tires they hooked up really good and I had no problem with fast wearing.

Ex_Rider43
08-31-2004, 07:50 PM
omg they are all ripped off!!!

I say try the klaws I have them on 4 corners and I think its a lot better than the holeshot mx /tamers combo I use to have. they are and they will be my next tire for sure.

Hammer trx450r
08-31-2004, 08:15 PM
its a one race tire( very soft compound) i think its normal, sucks but normal

ralph2
09-01-2004, 11:51 AM
ive rode other tires such as holeshots mxr's and grooved turf tamers all day on rausch's mx track,, and never seen them do anything like this tire did.. if its made out of a soft rubber to get maximum tracktion without A long life,,, the only thing this tire is good for is the holeshot then cause anything after that,, youl have no tread. im pissed that they wore so quick,,, bottem line

4wheelboy
09-01-2004, 02:23 PM
my knarlys were fine and didnt where down near as bad as that. and we stayed the whole weekend and rode:confused:

ralph2
09-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
my knarlys were fine and didnt where down near as bad as that. and we stayed the whole weekend and rode:confused:

i wouldnt expect any tire to do what these did,, and thats why i think i got a bad batch or somehting... so far no responce from kenda though:rolleyes:

spud400ex
09-02-2004, 11:50 AM
the mx's might be different than the 20's i run but a year of torture i have had one flat and three blown beads and the tires are like 50% tread.

Florida400EX
09-02-2004, 12:10 PM
It's either some major BS goin on here, or yours are defects, unless the knarly compound is 100% different then the klaws are. My bro has klaws on his Z, and he does burnouts on the road, rides a lot on the road, slides on the road, rides on chunky rocks, and pretty much tries to ruin them, and there is still over 75% tread left on them, after about 40 hours of use. His holeshot MXR's lasted an hour, and were bald as a babies bottom.

Ralph
09-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
It's either some major BS goin on here, or yours are defects, unless the knarly compound is 100% different then the klaws are. My bro has klaws on his Z, and he does burnouts on the road, rides a lot on the road, slides on the road, rides on chunky rocks, and pretty much tries to ruin them, and there is still over 75% tread left on them, after about 40 hours of use. His holeshot MXR's lasted an hour, and were bald as a babies bottom.

well you are talking about using a tire like the mxr in conditions there not ment for, the knarlys werent exactly our of their element...

4wheelboy
09-02-2004, 01:00 PM
well you are talking about using a tire like the mxr in conditions there not ment for, the knarlys werent exactly our of their element...

u must of got a bad set or somthing. my friends new holeshot mxr4s that have like 2 motos and are bald like no tread at all on them:o

ive had klaws all winter and they hardly show wear so i expect these knarlys to do the same

ranger400ex
09-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Ralph or Ralph2 ...I sent an email to a contact @ Kenda. I gave her this link and the pics you attached. Hopefully we will see a response shortly. I know I have been very happy with my Kenda's and plan to use them on my next projects. They make a very nice product IMO. I have had awesom luck with the Klaws and Knarly's I have run...they have much better life than the holeshots and razer2. my .02

Thanks,

BMW

Florida400EX
09-02-2004, 06:43 PM

The holeshots were only drove from the garage to the trailer, and on the track, after MAYBE 2 hours of riding they were bald, while the klaw's have held up to anything I've thrown at them, while still keeping tread. Perhaps you work for maxxis or ITP?

Ralph
09-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Perhaps you work for maxxis or ITP?

who told you:eek2:

Florida400EX
09-03-2004, 12:12 AM
who told you:eek2:

I don't understand how your tires are like that, aren't the knarly's supposed to be tuffer then the klaws? You riding on razorblades? I've throw some real tuff terrain at my friends klaws, and they still look new.

Ralph
09-03-2004, 08:02 AM
I don't understand how your tires are like that, aren't the knarly's supposed to be tuffer then the klaws? You riding on razorblades? I've throw some real tuff terrain at my friends klaws, and they still look new.

um, i am as shocked as you, Ralph2 road on dirt.

Ralph
09-03-2004, 08:02 AM

um, i am as shocked as you, Ralph2 road on dirt.

Ralph
09-03-2004, 08:04 AM
pics from the same day it all happened, if u look closely in the lower right corner you can see dirt.

Ralph
09-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey ranger, I have 2 e-mails waiting to go out to you and john but Outlook is having some trouble sending them out right now cause it wont connect to my e-mail server...

ranger400ex
09-03-2004, 04:33 PM
I am sure John will help you out. I have been nothing but happy with my kendas...and that was long before they helped me out. Please let me know how things turn out...and be sure to post them. If John/Kenda takes care of ya...people should be told!! :D

Ralph
09-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
I am sure John will help you out. I have been nothing but happy with my kendas...and that was long before they helped me out. Please let me know how things turn out...and be sure to post them. If John/Kenda takes care of ya...people should be told!! :D \

ofcourse, i told him that in the e-mail too:

"I am very sorry about starting a big thread before contacting you, but I think it will turn for the good once we get it resolved and people see that you have good customer service."

pnut420
09-05-2004, 10:17 AM
I run a kenda klaw front and MXR rears and both have been great. They only problem Ive had with the MXR is I did a little TTing and it chewed them up from hard dirt, but the Klaws did not get phased, they are at over 90% tread. Hopefully Kenda works it out, or Ill stick with MXR's

QuadJunkies
09-07-2004, 12:26 AM
whats the deal with the rubber ripping off in chunks not wearing down. Also Even after 2 motos they showed excessive wear... well you already know wha tours look like.......:rolleyes: same thing........ I lvoe the tire, but the life span bites.......:grr:

QuadJunkies
09-07-2004, 12:27 AM
Im finding that hard dirt is NOT the way to go with these tires..... these were only used for two MX races and two days hard pack.....

Ralph
09-07-2004, 09:12 AM
:o

cdalejef
09-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Keep in mind that the Knarly's were not designed for hard pack, they were desighned for soft terrain. I would run Klaws for MX or flat track. I've been running Knarly's all year long in XC and haven't seen any chunking or extereme wear. Even after the super rocky Rausch Creek race.

QuadJunkies
09-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Keep in mind that the Knarly's were not designed for hard pack, they were desighned for soft terrain. I would run Klaws for MX . then why they call them an MX tire.....:o :confused:

QuadJunkies
09-07-2004, 11:08 AM
I do agree that when they were used for the very muddy MX they rocked..... They DEF are not meant for Hard Pack. WEll I guess the Kaws will be used for WORCS round.......

Ralph
09-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Keep in mind that the Knarly's were not designed for hard pack, they were desighned for soft terrain. I would run Klaws for MX or flat track. I've been running Knarly's all year long in XC and haven't seen any chunking or extereme wear. Even after the super rocky Rausch Creek race.

Im calling john lear today, only thing that i see is wrong how it isnt advertised as non-hardpack, they make it seem like its the toughest tire out there. anyway i got john number from ben and im gonna see what happens. Who knows, ben doesnt think its normal and i dont know what john thinks because we are having trouble recieving eachothers e-mails.

ranger400ex
09-07-2004, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't think it normal in a day or so of riding..however riding consistenly on hardpack...you need a hardparck tire. Notice alot of the WORCs riders do use the Klaw series, while the desert racers and sand harescrambles use the Knarlys. I still think one hard ride is not enough to make them chunk out. Kenda does give info on hardpack vs soft terrrain tires. Hopefully John can give out the exact information, to get everything cleared up, and also help everyone out. I know I love my Kenda's!

BMW

Ralph
09-07-2004, 04:23 PM
i may sound like a douche but i didnt get to call him today,

ranger400ex
09-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Hopefully you will call John..Kenda. They deserve a chance to make an intervention.

BMW

Ralph
09-08-2004, 01:34 PM
I just talked to john and he seemed kinda mad about me taking too long to contact him(totaly understandable) and we got it all settled, i should have some new tires on the way for ralph2 and i also talked to him about qj's problem. He was very nice and wanted to solve the problem any way he could.

Thumbs up for Kenda:)

QuadJunkies
09-08-2004, 01:43 PM
I just talked to john and he seemed kinda mad about me taking too long to contact him(totaly understandable) and we got it all settled, i should have some new tires on the way for ralph2 and i also talked to him about qj's problem. He was very nice and wanted to solve the problem any way he could.

Thumbs up for Kenda:) No one there has a clue who John is at KEnda???:huh

Ralph
09-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
No one there has a clue who John is at KEnda???:huh

hes the national sales manager, check you an e-mail with all his info and stuff.

QuadJunkies
09-09-2004, 12:01 AM
hes the national sales manager, check you an e-mail with all his info and stuff. got it taken care of. WOW. I never expected Kenda would do that???!!!:huh thanks Kenda!!He said he wanted his customers taken care of :) And told me to look out. theres a SAWEET tire coming this spring.........:D :cool: :blah:

Ralph
09-09-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
got it taken care of. WOW. I never expected Kenda would do that???!!!:huh thanks Kenda!!He said he wanted his customers taken care of :) And told me to look out. theres a SAWEET tire coming this spring.........:D :cool: :blah:

heard the same :D

ranger400ex
09-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Hey Ralph....maybe a good time to put a new post or edit this one.

And a big thumbs up to John Leale!!!! :D Good to see them step up to the plate again.

Just another reason I am glad to be running Kendas.

BMW

ranger400ex
09-10-2004, 04:58 PM
and thank you to Ralph for making an edit at the beginning.

I wish all manufacturers and consumers could solve problems this way and this quick...but then how would you know who to pick??

Congrats to all...hope things go well.

BMW

Martin Blair
09-10-2004, 05:16 PM
my knarly xcr never did that on my 400, but i am very very affraid what my new 450 is going to do to them after first race. Maybe time for some holeshot hds.

ralph2
09-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
and thank you to Ralph for making an edit at the beginning.

I wish all manufacturers and consumers could solve problems this way and this quick...but then how would you know who to pick??

Congrats to all...hope things go well.

BMW

they deserve it