PDA

View Full Version : Fox Shocks

flaccidracing
08-30-2004, 05:58 PM
ANYONE SEEN OR USED THOSE "NEW" FOX SHOCKS. THEY LOOK LIKE AIR SHOCKS(NO SPRINGS) ARE THEY ANY GOOD A\OR BETTER THEN THE OTHERS LIKE ELKAS, WORKS ETC.

dynofox
08-30-2004, 06:53 PM
I like the look of their new float X's with fully adjustable rezzies. One big advantage they have is being light weight due to no springs.

rollie
08-31-2004, 02:49 PM
ehhh i dont know about them and for 1000 bucks you can get some nice elkas that have been proven to be awsome shocks

just my 2 cents:)

ohski
09-01-2004, 05:52 AM
I don’t know how they perform on quads but on my mountain bike they were incredible… The problem is there really aren’t many people riding these shox from what I can find so there really isn’t much feedback yet.

Sc0
09-01-2004, 08:04 AM
I didn't see the rezzies on any of the Float advertisements?

I ended up buying Axis but before I decided on them I called Fox and asked them a couple of questions... The main advantage of the Fox is it's lightweight and the second advantage is quick ride height adjustments. The price isn't too great either and they didn't have a clue as to a Long travel shock for a Z400.

No precise compression or rebound adjustments and if you can adjust it, it will change with the ride height. Durability seems pretty good as snowcats have been running them awhile but I asked about who is authorized to work on them as was told the Factory.

I added some extra weight and got all the adjustment I need with Custom Axis LT. I still have to setup my front suspension the proper way and rear preload height but so far I like it and it was worth all the money!

dynofox
09-01-2004, 10:36 AM
They just introduced the ones with fully adjustable rezzies, they're call Float X's. I'm not sure if they are offered for quads yet but they're out for snowmobiles.