PDA

View Full Version : Which shocks are better?????

MXRACER86
08-30-2004, 11:12 AM
Custom Axis?

PEP?

TCS?

Elka?

Krash
08-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Looks like I'm the first to vote. A friend of mine put Elka Ellites on the front of his 450R and said it was well worth the money.

theTman
08-30-2004, 11:30 AM
axis no doubt

Florida400EX
08-30-2004, 03:20 PM
There is honestly no best or worst, unless works are in the question. All shocks will perform only as good as they are set-up. I run TCS's, and I love them.

Axis400exRider
08-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Axis dominate in shock performance, i have dual rate fully adjustable, i have them set up for a beginner and have them on 3 out of 8, and they just kick ***, i usually stay in the 3,4,5 range

modracer5
08-30-2004, 09:08 PM
I will try to answer this question a little different from most of the people on this site. The witch shock is the best question has been beaten to death on this web site and ultimately the answer to this question is.....Whatever shock that was made to fit YOUR bike, that is properly set-up for YOUR riding style, YOUR weight, YOUR riding ability and the type of riding that YOU do. Be extremely honest with whichever shock company you choose and you should be happy with the shocks you receive.
My vote is for Axis.

TC426EX
08-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Here we go again with one of these flame fest posts. This shock poll has been done before and this discussion has been had many many times. There are people like me who will never run anything but PEP, then there are a large amount of elka groupies on here, and then you got your axis loyalists. None of us agree so youre not gonna get anything but biased opinions. Then you got the people who never ran any of these shocks but chime in an opinion based on what theyve heard or read in a magazine. All these shocks work top notch but need to be set up correctly. You need to do your own research and see what brand you prefer.

mrnate400ex
08-31-2004, 09:49 AM
stock, duh!!! lol!!!!:D

mrnate400ex
09-01-2004, 02:27 PM
didn't mean to kill the tread here. my vote is for elka though!!!

250EXking
09-03-2004, 01:55 PM
i just got a 400 with stock suspension, how is it. how does it prefrom on the track

QuAdEr 317
09-04-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by 250EXking
i just got a 400 with stock suspension, how is it. how does it prefrom on the track

they blow :o

Chanman420q
09-04-2004, 07:18 PM
i run peps and like TC said theres some people who wont run anything else, im one of them. they have proven loyal so why change?

i say if its your first pair of aftermarket shocks, go with works. as u get faster get another brand. personally i would say elkas are the best value. they have a decent shipping time, as apposed to pep and there cheaper then axis. As far as TCS i would rate them lower then the other 3, but a notch higher above works. but then again, like that dude said, that was a biased oppioion, so keep that in mind.

Sc0
09-04-2004, 08:24 PM
I vote for Axis because I can't afford to try any other brand and am happy with them so far. Shipping time was maybe 2 weeks from order and the price was cheaper than Elka's... The Custom LT Axis rear was also cheaper than the comparable Elka. I originally wanted some Ohlins but the Axis shocks were easier to source.

As for TCS, PEP, and Elka i'm sure that they are all good shocks and might be just as good as Axis but I can't prove that. (BTW: Doug Gusts' site strongly recommends Elka shocks for whatever reason...) Axis use to be cheaper but the "Penske" group bought them and supposedly raised the bar and the price, or so someone else's friends brother Uncle'n law's cousin nephews friend sister's said...