PDA

View Full Version : New ATVSPORT Magazine Issue

SPARKS450RTT
08-30-2004, 08:47 AM
The 450R TT quad is mine. Just got back from the National @ Elizabeth City. It was my first race since May when I wadded my shoulder up. I got 3rd in the 4-stroke B. I came from the 17th to 8th in the +25 main and someone spun out in front of me. That eneded that. Just curious if anyone saw the new magazine issue yet. I love the quad and the motor is incredibel I just put a +1 steering stem on it and it is so much more comfortable. I may even sell this quad...un sure yet.

Antnee77
08-30-2004, 09:06 AM
I don't get it....why would you sell it if you love it so much???
Either way congratulations!

SPARKS450RTT
08-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Just might build something different this winter.

#1speedbump
08-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Yep, seen the article. Very nice quad. What all does the Sparks CDI allow you to do? Is it like the Vortex?

Jersey450R
08-30-2004, 09:41 AM
you mean the exact quad in this issue is your??? wow if it is, that quad is bad!!

SPARKS450RTT
08-30-2004, 10:39 AM
The Sparks ignition is totally bad *****. Its the CDI, wiring harness, flywheel and stuff. You dont hit the revlimiter @ all now. It revs sooo much faster. Its un real.

That is my quad. Legacy ATV has been a sponser for a couple of years now. The quad now has a Rath TT front bumper. The blingstar is nice, but its heavy. The article forgot to mention that there is a Fluidine Radiator too. It holds alot more fluid. There is also Hardkor hubs up front.

Jersey450R
08-30-2004, 11:25 AM
ok man, now that i know that quad is yours, what is truly the best slip on for the 450R? its between HMF, LRD, and Sparks. I love the red HMF.

SPARKS450RTT
08-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Its really hard to beat a Sparks system. I'm really not sure on the slip ons. I am supposed to have a new exhaust from Sparks this week. I was talking Curtis this weekend. Going to get something that will produce a little more on top. Going to use it for the faster TT's. I will post pics when I get it. What else have you done to your 450? :D I'm really happy the way the engine has come alive.

Jersey450R
08-30-2004, 02:09 PM
nothin yet, i've only had it 4 days (with about 50 hrs on it!) LOL. its 05 black. i've tuned the suspension for my liking. the fronts are awesome, but the back is another story. the rebound is just not there. i took out the spark arrestor, and bot did that wake it up. i'm putting a fairly new set of 20" holeshots on it tomorrow, see how that works. I am relitvly amazed by this quad so far. so easy to handle and so nimble in the air!

SPARKS450RTT
08-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Put a different air filter on. Either a K&N or Sparks. The 450 will really respond then. Try going up a tooth in the rear to get the transition from first to 2nd better. The gear ratios are spaced pretty far apart. When I get the sparks exhaust I will sell the old one @ good price.

Jersey450R
08-30-2004, 03:12 PM
wow really you'll sell me the old one?! how many hours do you have on it? yea i want to get a filter for it too, probably a k&n. what about the snorkel on the box? dosent the hrc kit come with a new snorkel. whats the difference? i guess just wider right. i'm thinking about just taking off the snorkel all together. what do you htink about that?

redroost85
08-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Sparks, I got my issue the other day....man but your ride is awesome!:cool:

That is exactly how I want mine to look. I love the yellow frame and the red arms...although I couldn't see the swinger...what color was it?

That is one mean *** looking ride...I'll bet she hauls some serious ***, huh!?:devil:

SPARKS450RTT
08-30-2004, 06:48 PM
The swingarm is -2" and is round tublar. It is red and matches the a-arms. The subframe, shifter, kick starter and linkage were all chromed. I will post pics soon.