PDA

View Full Version : Kahoka Missourri scramble race

yfz450xc
08-30-2004, 05:46 AM
Kahoka Mo race this wekend , saturday great whether ahead and a MX course to boot w/ good throphys alot of events to include a youth race I believe and a poker run w/ a fish fry all still to be confirmed .
WHO's GOING ??
2 races left in the series lets make'em count
:eek2:

montycarlo
08-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Who? What?

Kahoka is only 60 miles away.... tell me more please! :D

yfz450xc
08-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Atv's on saturday ; bikes on sunday gate $10 , entry $25 -?
Call 660/727-3301 fun course and good turn outs Atv's start approx 12:30 but call for sure . Put on by the missouri mule kickers / Mike burkhardt at the motocross track in kahoka mo.

montycarlo
08-30-2004, 05:04 PM
I know the place...... I blew up a perfectly good engine there June of last year! :rolleyes: I'll call down there tomorrow- thanks for the number. If I can get a small driveability problem ironed out, I'll be there! ;)

Besides..... somebody at work wants me to work for them on Saturday - and to work on Labor Day weekend just sounds wrong to me! :p

PS- What series is this race a part of? Does it have a website I can snoop through?

Johnny & Monica
08-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by montycarlo
I know the place...... I blew up a perfectly good engine there June of last year! :rolleyes: I'll call down there tomorrow- thanks for the number. If I can get a small driveability problem ironed out, I'll be there! ;)

Besides..... somebody at work wants me to work for them on Saturday - and to work on Labor Day weekend just sounds wrong to me! :p

PS- What series is this race a part of? Does it have a website I can snoop through?

Try here under mo. harescramble series,
http://www.racingquads.com/

It`s one of mo. better series races the have a good payback on tropies an good track Still aint Iowa but it`s a good one.See ya there Johnny

Rdogg450
08-30-2004, 08:35 PM
I will definitely be there ........ usually an awesome course.

79400ex
08-30-2004, 09:36 PM
I will be there. However, I am taking a work average fo this race. THis because I have too work on sunday and still nursing a sore rib from the last race.

Johnny & Monica
08-30-2004, 11:07 PM
It has kids racing at 11:00am 50cc 4-8
70cc 4-8
90cc4-8
90cc 8-15
taylor an chance can finally race seperately instead of against each other.An then we the big guy`s race at 12:30 there class are AA , A , OPEN 2-STROKE , 4-STROKE B , 4-STROKE C , 4 STROKE STOCK , 200-300CC CLASS , 30+ , 40+ , WOOMEN , 2 4X4 CLASSES AN A BEGINNER CLASS.

See ya there yak how`s your brother matt?

Johnson
08-31-2004, 06:31 AM
It's no Iowa race but you can go to the race and be 100% sure that you will start on time not two hours behind Kahoka always has done a great job.

Carl Nevins
08-31-2004, 09:47 AM
I'm going

motoboy66
08-31-2004, 11:56 PM
YOu know I will be there. Looking to finish better this race, and I won't forget the camelbak again. Looks like a good way to start a holiday weekend.

montycarlo
09-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by me
If I can get a small driveability problem ironed out, I'll be there! ;)

I I think my CDI got stupid. Looking at it in the dark last night (test riding after going through the carb and upping the jet - [seemed to be starving] ) the mounting bracket is bent and the plastic cover or outer case is cracked. Looks like it got smacked at Waukon. That's where this crap started! :rolleyes: See what happens.

Carl Nevins
09-01-2004, 04:27 PM
hey moto let's try starting it there not ending it like most races you come to.

400exmom
09-02-2004, 06:45 PM
did someone say woomans class??

do many ladies show up??

burrows
09-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Well we wont be there at Kahoka. Zac and Daniel will be but Michaels sister is getting marrade that night so of course we have to miss the best race of the year to go to that. We tried to think of everyway we could do both but the wedding is in Kansas City so better not try it. Of course Michael wants to cop out of the wedding but he better go. So everyone ride safe and good luck and will be anxious to see how everyone did. Momma B

79400ex
09-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom

do many ladies show up??

Yes, he has a women class a few will show up. One of the best track in the midwest. Every few rocks great motorcross track.

allmixedup047
09-02-2004, 09:33 PM
how long is each race.

montycarlo
09-02-2004, 09:40 PM
(notice how my ears perk up when someone mentions woomans!)

do many ladies show up??

The national AMA series has a Wooman's A & B.....
Here's who has been showing up:
http://home.ama-cycle.org/raceresults/narres.asp?s=14&cls=316&year=2004

Yoo can doo it! :cool:

Originally posted by allmixedup047
how long is each race.

The AMA hare scramble rules says "number of laps equal to 2 1/2 hours no race exceeding 3 1/2 hours"

(OK that is paraphrased..... I don't remember the exact text :rolleyes: )

burrows
09-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by montycarlo
(notice how my ears perk up when someone mentions woomans!)

The national AMA series has a Wooman's A & B.....
Here's who has been showing up:
http://home.ama-cycle.org/raceresults/narres.asp?s=14&cls=316&year=2004

Yoo can doo it! :cool:

The AMA hare scramble rules says "number of laps equal to 2 1/2 hours no race exceeding 3 1/2 hours"

(OK that is paraphrased..... I don't remember the exact text :rolleyes: )

Shame on you guys. That is why Michael does so good. He has no woman. LOL He says they take up to much time spend to much money and if he wants to ride he doesnt have to listen to any bi***ing. Good boy !!!

Johnny & Monica
09-02-2004, 11:52 PM

do many ladies show up??

Go win it your closer than us me monica an the kids will be there:D

motoboy66
09-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Kim, are you going to be there? You know you could hang in with the guys even if there was no woomans class. Carl, sounds better to start the weekend at the race then end it there. Nick got his quad running, so should be a good time. Kim a bunch of us Illinois guys will be there, just look for us. Red Lightning with a 14 foot trailer. If you need a place to pit we will have one.

yfz450xc
09-03-2004, 04:48 AM
MOto boy I guess your ready huh, carl leaving maybe friday night me , tim , rrdogg, gary, greg & tommy leaving sat morning tim got my 400 ex running w/ a engine of his but now has a tank leak so I'll be on my blue monster again just race against you guy's my pionts are history now, ./

Momma b wish you all could find a way to make it ; it's a late start to boot to ??

Kim it's close to home and plenty of us going through quincy to get there let moto boy or carl or myself know ???

CAN YOU FEEL IT YET ; I CAN !!!!!:blah: :p

tprender
09-03-2004, 05:48 AM
Scott if you need one I have a stock 400 tank. Tring to decide if I want to ride in the 40+ class or watch.

yfz450xc
09-03-2004, 06:27 AM
Now Tom you know you have to ride because after this one is park hills and you'll be to busy there , beside we all need to see you out there on the track; and a good AMA official needs to keep in touch w/ his roots:blah: :D
I'm going to try and fix ole faithful today and if not I'll run the Yammy we should all be up around 9:00 -9:30 , want to watch the youth race and root them on and size up my boy's competion:D
See ya there

400exmom
09-03-2004, 07:01 AM
if i can find a kid-sitter im in~ john glann is pretty insistant i go~ says its an awesome race and that theres a fast chic named sherry that will prolly be there~ monica you give AWESOME race coverage great job on your pics from iowa!!! johnny see you,monica,and your crew there~ MOTOBOY~ im racing the women if i can the next day ill line up with the boys in my district race in geneseo~ thats SWEET you illinois boys are goin i can only drag one of you to the iowa series you dont know what your missing!!! SEE YOU AT THE TRACK~ ill be the one with the blue helmut yelling WAHOOOOOO :D

yfz450xc
09-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Sherry is a good friend of ours and they are done for the year she said last I talked to her but i have seen other women at this particular race they draw people from other area's that our Missouri series don't, tell john Hi and we'll see ya there.
Scott

400exmom
09-03-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Sherry is a good friend of ours and they are done for the year she said last I talked to her but i have seen other women at this particular race they draw people from other area's that our Missouri series don't, tell john Hi and we'll see ya there.
Scott scott~ tell sherry one more for the year!! havent seen you since taylorville ~ if i see jon ill tell him~ good luck to you and your crew!!

Johnny & Monica
09-03-2004, 07:56 AM
They haven't had a women's class at any of the mhsc this year or for the last couple years .Just didn't have enough turnout for the class. Sherry just jumped in with the guys in a different class and kicked it up on them.:D I don't think she has even raced at all this year.

Kahoka is one of the bigger nicer racers so maybe more women will show.

Johnny & Monica
09-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know what kind of a kids turnout they are expecting?

400exmom
09-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
Does anyone know what kind of a kids turnout they are expecting? my guess is a WHOOOOOOOOOOLE chitload of BIG kids (including myself) and even a few crybabies:blah: :devil:

as far as the lil ones dunno:D

montycarlo
09-03-2004, 06:05 PM
No race for me. :( CDI did not show up, it was overnighted Wednesday and it is now Friday. :grr: They gave me my money back though..... for the part and the shipping because I said I didn't want it if I couldn't have it before the race. :rolleyes:

Still planning to attend, I'll probably be in the woods with video camera. :)

Although heartbroken. :( I was really looking forward to this one.

Johnny & Monica
09-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Well I thought we finally shook our bad luck but I guess not.
Getting everything loaded in the trailer and Johnny noticed Chance's brakes were locked up so anyway in trying to fix them we ended up with a broken axle. He's changing it now but who knows what will happen. Everything we touched this week turned to ---- .

Kim, I wish more of my pics would have turned out. I had quite a few that didn't . Too much mud on the lens, Couldn't keep anything clean at Leon.

Good thing the race starts late we may not get there til sun up.

400exmom
09-04-2004, 08:53 PM
CONGRADULATIONS huge one to johnny~ taylor~ and chance!!! 1st place to all three of them!!! johnny your family kicks ***!!! monica next time bring the hot dogs and weinny roasting stix ~ we'll cook some dogs over the burning YFZ~ lol:eek2: :eek2:

i have NEVER seen anything like that in my life!!

congrates again to your family!!!

i was simply lap traffic out in kahoka~:o ~ freakin scary but that yfz was worth the whole trip!! i feel REALLY bad for that poor kid!!

district race in the morning night night

Tay-Tay~ way to pass up th 250 girl!!!:cool:

Johnny & Monica
09-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Kim Why didnt you say something about ill. race tommorow we would have followed you home an chrashed in you bed while you slept on the floor with all the kids hehe Wheres John G iS HE ON YOUR FLOOR But him out in the dog house tonigth:D Watch him he`ll try touching you in bad places:devil:

Johnny & Monica
09-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Hey There's a fire over there!!!

Johnny & Monica
09-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Did you say a quad's on fire?

The poor kid only made 2 payments on this. (yes it's a yfz)
Even had elka's and 2000 worth of aftermarket stuff.
I think he's accepting donations since there was no insurance.

Johnny & Monica
09-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Now b4 I post anymore pics I have to brag on my Family.They all brought home the wood today. 3 First Places!!!!!!
We had a crap week and had a fantastic Saturday at the races.:D
+40 Johnny
kids 8-15 Taylor
kids 4-8 Chance (took first overall on the 90's even against the big kids with Taylor breathing his exhaust to the checkered flag):p

Johnny & Monica
09-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Future women's superstar

Johnny & Monica
09-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Can't keep his hands off his wood!:eek2:

montycarlo
09-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Well, I had fun. Camera-ing was actually kind of fun. I got to play tow truck at that derned stump - and was able to repay a debt to Dirtshack Racing that was owed from Brooks, IA! :cool: I got Johnny off da stump! (burned my finners on your grab bar though....... HOT on the right side! :mad: )

Congratulations to the Dirtshack victory squad! Kim~ uh, good luck today! ;)

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 10:32 AM
Here's another fast kiddo

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 10:34 AM
first race

TDBRPH
09-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Do they know what caused the fire? Sounds like a blown decompression plug and oil spewing on to the head pipe?? Shouldnt that be covered under warranty?

Sounds like I missed a good race....

Triston

Admin
09-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Did you say a quad's on fire?

The poor kid only made 2 payments on this. (yes it's a yfz)
Even had elka's and 2000 worth of aftermarket stuff.
I think he's accepting donations since there was no insurance.

WOW, please give more details about how it happened????

foxman_23
09-05-2004, 08:15 PM
I have seen this before and yes it should be covered under warranty. It's a wiring problem of some kind that turns them into the backyard grill.:eek:

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 08:15 PM
50cc

burrows
09-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey there I am back wedding is over. Thank god. Sounds like we missed alot not going to Kahoka. Really feel sorry for the guy that had fire damage. Who was he and how old was he? That is just alful but of what I have heard if it shows to be the decompression plug which is what it sounds like to us they will say you over filled with oil and its your tuff luck which by right if it was the decompression plug it should be a recall on Yamahas part cause there seems to be alot of those that have fallen out. I am glad I got Michael and Duane each one so we don't have to worry about that but on the 2005 that isn't even there. So that kind of shows you they ahve had trouble so they did away with it on the new ones. Cause Michaels blew out on his old one.
sounds like there was some good new. Congradulations to all the winners and Johnny with all the bad luck you had sounds like yu did an awsome job. Taylor and Chance we are proud of ya.
Momma B

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 08:44 PM
50cc

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 08:46 PM
250 girl

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 08:49 PM
another 50 doing the 3 mile track for an hour straight

Iron Kids

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 08:53 PM
AA

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Hey lets not forget to tell Kevin Gilreath and Jill Walker congrads on getting HITCHED instead of racing Kahoka.:D

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 08:57 PM

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 08:58 PM
++

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 09:00 PM

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
WOW, please give more details about how it happened????

The motocross section is cut out on the side of a big hill and they looped them out the back thru the woods at the top and that's where she started .Well by the time someone made it around to get the extinguishers it was too late.Black smoke was rolling up 20-30 feet upbove the treeline.Melted everything as you can see . Looks like someone ripped that swingarm in half but it was just that hot. Crazy :eek2:

I think someone said he was a young kid from the B class.

burrows
09-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Taylor = = Bradley said good job. UMMMMMM??

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 09:12 PM
w

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 09:14 PM
/

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 10:49 PM

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Kim
There's only one more Missouri race don't be skeered.

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 10:58 PM
battle

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 10:59 PM

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 11:01 PM
scan

Johnny & Monica
09-05-2004, 11:03 PM
chain unstuck

Carl Nevins
09-06-2004, 03:04 PM
cool pics, i got to the fire right when it first started it was crazy, the kid didn't have insurance either. the 250 girl is jessica minck (terry minck)b-class daughter, the slow guy on the blue yfz is yzf450xc on here, and that is 400exmom sandbaggin on the yellow 400. i think i am the only member of the site that races mhsc that has yet to get my pic on here:( see everyone in park hills

400exmom
09-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Carl Nevins
cool pics, i got to the fire right when it first started it was crazy, the kid didn't have insurance either. the 250 girl is jessica minck (terry minck)b-class daughter, the slow guy on the blue yfz is yzf450xc on here, and that is 400exmom sandbaggin on the yellow 400. i think i am the only member of the site that races mhsc that has yet to get my pic on here:( see everyone in park hills carl~ I was sandbagging yeah i guess but i got lapped by 1st and 2nd place in my class:o ...OH and your the pot callin the kettle black~ no more MO races for me i got lapped by the A riders like 4 or 5 times that race freaked me out!!:eek2: i did shoot the chit with jason raines after the race though THAT was cool as all get out!! you MO. racing boys all have mt respect buncha FAST mofo's!!:eek2: carl they dont get pics of you cause yer going by to dayum fast~ beep-beep~~nerrrrrrrrrrrrommm:devil:

400exmom
09-06-2004, 05:12 PM
the guy in the last pic on page 4 is scott johnson on a blue yfz and blue gear(yfz450xc) i believe is his screen name here and he started this thread~ thanks for the use of your bleach water after the race again~ and ill see you at taylorville!!

Johnny & Monica
09-06-2004, 08:25 PM
cool pics, i got to the fire right when it first started it was crazy, the kid didn't have insurance either. the 250 girl is jessica minck (terry minck)b-class daughter, the slow guy on the blue yfz is yzf450xc on here, and that is 400exmom sandbaggin on the yellow 400. i think i am the only member of the site that races mhsc that has yet to get my pic on here:( see everyone in park hills

What do you ride,class,number,etc. I'll try and getcha I wouldn't want anyone to feel left out.

We went to Bethany to the fair today . Chance was running 2nd to JJ Soloman and his coil wire came out so his sister Taylor took over his spot ,took the lead then got passed by JJ at the checkered flag to end up 2nd. First time we've done a flat track.Had about 15 kids in that class. Congrads to Sage Johnson on her third.I know the boys don't like two out of 3 trophies going to the girlies.

Last race they decided to let all the open guys run the stock car oval full track.10 laps $100.00 to the winner. First turn wipe out 2 guys left in ambulances 1 possible broken collar bone and they were worried about his neck and back and the 2nd guy (Jesse , JJ's daddy) left with bones sticking out of his arm compound fractures and maybe his leg too going in and out of it.Pretty scary wicked stuff. We hope they're all alright.Even Fast *** track......:D :eek2: :huh:D

captain mike
09-06-2004, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TDBRPH
[B]Do they know what caused the fire? Sounds like a blown decompression plug and oil spewing on to the head pipe?? Shouldnt that be covered under warranty?

i help chad duval with his quad, and i know bryan(his mechanic) bends the parking brake cable guide over that plug, since we take the parking brake off anyhow. bryan had heard of these plugs blowing out, and this was back in feburary. feel sorry for the owner of that quad :( if it hadn't been for the klotz guy at the georgia gncc there would of been another one like it. they was gassing this one when it went up :eek: luckily no one was hurt, and the guy continued on after the fire was out.
on a lighter note, how many people want to see pics of 400exmoms happy dance:blah: i think we need to see some pics of that

Carl Nevins
09-07-2004, 04:46 AM
mike racer i ride a blue 400ex c class with no headlights, their at westphalia somewhere.

yfz450xc
09-07-2004, 04:54 AM

Slow guy huh carl :blah: :D , they said they had your picture but they couldn't fit your big head into the frame LOL.

yfz450xc
09-07-2004, 04:58 AM
the guy in the last pic on page 4 is scott johnson on a blue yfz and blue gear(yfz450xc) i believe is his screen name here and he started this thread~ thanks for the use of your bleach water after the race again~ and ill see you at taylorville!!

Kim good job and dont feel bad about getting lapped the pro's and the A riders pass alot of people they just aren't right:D
See ya taylorville and dont forget to try and make splinter this
weekend, again good job.

motoboy66
09-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Scott, What the He@# are you looking at in that picture? I don't think the trail went to your left.

yfz450xc
09-07-2004, 08:43 AM
I was either looking for a short cut or I was watching you go the wrong way down into the ditch :p .
Who knows thats for sure:confused:
I finished and didnt break anything for a change and the yammy held up so I wont complain except maybe "Operator Error "LOL

Carl Nevins
09-07-2004, 07:51 PM
scott when is taylorville? i think i am going on a float trip fri and getting up early sun and comming home to race.maybe on the float part but definetly splinter. i'm going to go to iowa the next week and sandbag wanna go? motoboy?

400exmom
09-07-2004, 08:03 PM
scott when is taylorville? i think i am going on a float trip fri and getting up early sun and comming home to race.maybe on the float part but definetly splinter. i'm going to go to iowa the next week and sandbag wanna go? motoboy? HEY CARL!! you could race the womens class!!! thats a for sure 3rd place for you ~ you sexxy thang:devil:

kickin440
09-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Hey lets not forget to tell Kevin Gilreath and Jill Walker congrads on getting HITCHED instead of racing Kahoka.:D

I looked at this page 3 times before I even noticed this!!:D :D

Thanks :D When you two gettin hitched? I will even go to yours unlike some people:rolleyes: :D

Johnny & Monica
09-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by kickin440
I looked at this page 3 times before I even noticed this!!:D :D

Thanks :D When you two gettin hitched? I will even go to yours unlike some people:rolleyes: :D

Hey I was`nt invited:grr: An I would invite you but monica won`t marry me She says no!!!!!!!!

burrows
09-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Hey I was`nt invited:grr: An I would invite you but monica won`t marry me She says no!!!!!!!!

God can you blame her for not wanting to marry you. The picture I was emailed with the chick you and Blanton picked up at the bar says it all. LOL LOL. I know paybacks are hell. Pour MIke. Cant defend himself. He has got to get online. FAST!!!!

motoboy66
09-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Don't know on the Iowa race, but thinking of running the GNCC in Ohio on the 9th I think. Nick is deap into his 3rd rebuild in 3 weeks, but should be ready for Spilnter. When and whereis the Iowa race?

burrows
09-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Fort Dodge Iowa September 19

yfz450xc
09-08-2004, 04:47 AM
scott when is taylorville? i think i am going on a float trip fri and getting up early sun and comming home to race.maybe on the float part but definetly splinter. i'm going to go to iowa the next week and sandbag wanna go? motoboy?

Carl; Taylorville is oct 10 regular race and oct 31 team race, splinter this weekend and iron man / ohio oct 23, little egypt and casey has something it looks like on the 16th and 17 th.
See ya at splinter .

kickin440
09-08-2004, 02:32 PM

I can't say that I blame her either :blah: I couldn't imagine having to wake up looking at you every day for the rest of my life.:huh

I have an invitation with your name on it but I didn't know your address:D But you know you were invited quit making excuses:grr:

Johnny & Monica
09-08-2004, 03:00 PM
What I said was NO to the wet t-shirt contest at the reception, Everyone wants to make a big deal about it, we've been together for over 12 years I wanna elope and he said NO.:blah: :D

I guess we could've stopped at the wedding on the way home from Kahoka, in our riding gear to show off those 1st place trophies.:D

kickin440
09-08-2004, 04:35 PM
I guess we could've stopped at the wedding on the way home from Kahoka, in our riding gear to show off those 1st place trophies.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

:D :D Just wait til you see the wedding pictures..:D :D

No riding gear involved but you guys will get a kick out of them;)