PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading?

310Rduner
08-30-2004, 04:36 AM
Just curious what books you guys are reading currently. I'm pretty heavy into reading and I am already looking for some interesting books to read after I finish the pile of pages I have currently.

Right now I'm just finishing up Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand after setting it down for a while. I went to the bookstore tonight and picked up Winesburgh Ohio which was required summer reading for english 3 honors and should have that finished by tomorrow afternoon. At the bookstore I felt a compulsion to pick up Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche, and The Brothers karamazov by Dostoevsky. So far nietzsche's book is very critical of philosophers and scientists, as well as being vehemently opposed to religion. Definately a must read if you are interested in philosophy. No comments on Dostoevsky yet as I am going to wait to read that til after I finish up Nietzsche and the final 200 pages of Atlas Shrugged.

Atreyu
08-30-2004, 05:04 AM
Just finished Slaughterhouse Five..now on Life of Pi by Martel.

MY450R
08-30-2004, 08:45 AM
hustler,penthouse,maxim,cheri,etc etc
oh books not mags sorry little confusion

RoadkillerRyan
08-30-2004, 09:17 AM
im a junior in high school and it takes me 5 mins to read a page
the last book i read was Cliford the red dog and still didnt understand it. but i gotta start readin cause its embrassing readin out loud in class any tips beside just readin

ZRider400
08-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Dirtwheels mag, and Transworldmx:eek2:

stiffy
08-30-2004, 09:33 AM
I like all of James Pattersons books. He is the one that wrote Kiss the Girls, and Along Came a Spider.

310Rduner
08-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by RoadkillerRyan
im a junior in high school and it takes me 5 mins to read a page
the last book i read was Cliford the red dog and still didnt understand it. but i gotta start readin cause its embrassing readin out loud in class any tips beside just readin

yeah.....uh.. good luck with that. Seriously though, if you don't learn to read you are going to be f9cked later. You will probably work in a gas station, so if you don't feel like pumping gas start reading more.

K_Banger125
08-30-2004, 12:10 PM
its not a book but im reading transworldmx...and maxim

Chef
08-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Brandon, screw this book talk crap get on aim and we can talk about boobies.

Oh yea, I'm readin a catalog.

310Rduner
08-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Brandon, screw this book talk crap get on aim and we can talk about boobies.

Oh yea, I'm readin a catalog.

Heh. I gotta run around and do a few errands, I'll be back in like 2 hours. Then.. there shall be boobies a plenty.

redroost85
08-30-2004, 06:10 PM
I've been into the 400 manual for about a week now 'cause I have effed something up and can't figure it out!:huh :grr:

Ralph
08-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Hardy boys....

MOFO
08-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Actually I'm reading "1984"... somehow I managed to get through my education without being required to read it. Just started it last week... very interesting book... I wish I read it sooner.

Mxjunkie
08-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Instant messages, Exriders, Emails and text books lol, Dirtwheels and magazine iand anything i can get my hands on....I use to read the Harry Potter books-no im not a nerd..at the moment i am reading Dark Justice by Jack Higgins and Martha Grimes-The Winds Change:cool: