PDA

View Full Version : Houser Wristrester..any feedback????

QuadJunkies
08-30-2004, 12:01 AM
I was reading wbout this tongiht in the latest DW and was thinking this sounded lie a great prduct for me since I have a great deal of wrist problems!!! Anyone have a review on them yet????

400-416EX
08-30-2004, 05:18 PM
The guy at the shop I buy all my parts at, was telling me to get one, he said it is well worht the money. If you get one before I do let me know how it works, and I will do the same

Pappy
08-30-2004, 05:32 PM
i ran one. it does work when the quad takes a pounding (ruts or sharp/bad landing) but i didnt feel it offered any advantages past that.

im more interested in seeing what the fast flex bars do for normal riding fatigue...i hear good things

400-416EX
08-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah I hear the same thing about them. I hear they are very expensive though

Pappy
08-30-2004, 07:47 PM
if it saves you from a snapped wrist then its well worth it. its a product you buy, install and forget about until you hit something hard and think to yourself...man that really did work!

400-416EX
08-30-2004, 08:10 PM
I would defantly agree with that. I think I heard they were like 450.00 or so.

emj426
08-30-2004, 08:17 PM
I have one but I had to take it off when I put my steering dampener on. It does work. I broke my wrist racing MX a few years ago so when I saw this product from Houser, I tried it, and loved it. Mine is for sale. It's for a Honda 400ex and I now have a Suzuki.

muff
08-30-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 400-416EX
I would defantly agree with that. I think I heard they were like 450.00 or so.

$300

http://www.fasstco.com/html/flexx_bars.html

emj426
08-30-2004, 08:28 PM
I have one for sale for a Honda 400 ex for $200.00

QuAdEr 317
08-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by emj426
I have one for sale for a Honda 400 ex for $200.00

is this a stem or what?

muff
08-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by QuAdEr 317
is this a stem or what?

its actually a stem clamp. it has a spring in it that allows the stem to pivot forward appox. 1/2" or so. havent seen one in person but i've seen pics online

QuadJunkies
08-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i ran one. it does work when the quad takes a pounding (ruts or sharp/bad landing) but i didnt feel it offered any advantages past that.

im more interested in seeing what the fast flex bars do for normal riding fatigue...i hear good things I have a friend who runs those bars on his and he swears by them....Maybe Ill just save up for the bars instead.:)

seven
08-31-2004, 05:31 PM
Flex bars only pivot up and down, Not forward and back.

Pappy
08-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by seven
Flex bars only pivot up and down, Not forward and back.

yeah thats my point. QJ doesnt do a ton of huge jumping so the flexxbars may suit her better or be money better spent.

PhilMoore
09-02-2004, 11:59 AM
I have had a Wrist Rester for about a year and a half. They do work as advertised and I have no complaints, except I had to make a bracket to hold the front brake line because the bolt up location is removed when you take out your stock upper steering bracket. It made a noticeable difference and I personally think it reduces fatigue by quite a bit. The wrist rester makes driving a little spooky at first because your steering stem gives forward when you are going down a hill or braking hard. You get used to it very quickly though.

I just intalled the Fasst Flex bars on top of that and they also really make a huge difference. It almost felt like I got new front shocks again. I raced a hare scramble with them last sunday, and I think they do really help reduce fatigue and arm pump. The Flex bars will require additional money for a 1 1/8 inch bar clamp if you don't have one already. I used Rox 2 1/4 risers in my stock clamps to adapt to the 1 1/8 bars. Previously, I had Tag x5 quad bars and the Flex bars with risers ended up about 5/8 inch taller than the X-5 with no risers. I am still able to use all my stock length cables. I have a IMS extra large gas tank, and the risers let me move the bars forward to clear the huge bubble ontop of the tank.

One downside to the Fasst bars is it is a little harder to mount up hand guards. I am unable to get my Cycra handguards to fit, even though I know somebody has done it before...

QuadJunkies
09-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
I have had a Wrist Rester for about a year and a half. They do work as advertised and I have no complaints, except I had to make a bracket to hold the front brake line because the bolt up location is removed when you take out your stock upper steering bracket. It made a noticeable difference and I personally think it reduces fatigue by quite a bit. The wrist rester makes driving a little spooky at first because your steering stem gives forward when you are going down a hill or braking hard. You get used to it very quickly though.

I just intalled the Fasst Flex bars on top of that and they also really make a huge difference. It almost felt like I got new front shocks again. I raced a hare scramble with them last sunday, and I think they do really help reduce fatigue and arm pump. The Flex bars will require additional money for a 1 1/8 inch bar clamp if you don't have one already. I used Rox 2 1/4 risers in my stock clamps to adapt to the 1 1/8 bars. Previously, I had Tag x5 quad bars and the Flex bars with risers ended up about 5/8 inch taller than the X-5 with no risers. I am still able to use all my stock length cables. I have a IMS extra large gas tank, and the risers let me move the bars forward to clear the huge bubble ontop of the tank.

One downside to the Fasst bars is it is a little harder to mount up hand guards. I am unable to get my Cycra handguards to fit, even though I know somebody has done it before...

Thanks for that review..!! We too have the 1 1/8 bars OR we also have the ROX, If I can swing it, I may have to try those Flexx Bars .........