PDA

View Full Version : vet racers and newbies?

xNOILABOYx
08-29-2004, 11:09 PM
i just wen to fox raceway in PA this weekend, and a while now ive wanted to get into racing because im the fast 1 in my area, but after watching i saw a 400ex,piped and a 440 cannondale moto both race in the 14-15 class the guy on the 400 raced pretty hard and singled everything but this kid riding the c-dale started doubling 1 jump and clearing this 40+ft. finishline table top, personally ive never jumped anything over15-20ft. Does anyone think i should give racing a shot or just forget it bcuz the jumps are too big? (my bike is only piped)

jesshamner
08-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Hit the track a few times to get used to it. Try a few races. You'll get used to the jumps soon and then you can actually test yourself against these other riders.

Bill Fuller
08-30-2004, 05:13 AM
It never hurts to try and if it does hurt than I guess you can say you tried:D Seriously give it a try don't go out looking for the win just get the feel of the track and competition.

sharkinthepool
08-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Like they have said, give it a try! What do you have to lose? $15-30 bucks??? Big deal... ...if you don't at least try you will always wonder in the back of your mind and if you do try at least you will know if "it" was not for you!

Do not let the jumps intimedate you! It is just something new that you are not used to doing!!! Once you get the feel for it and start clearing a double here and there. They will not seem as big, I promise you that!

Just give it a try!

shogun_98
08-31-2004, 09:17 AM
I race up at Fox and the kid on the c-dale im pretty sure is in the C class. Just come up on Sept. 11th and give it a shot. I'll be on a red R Number 3 racing B class.

xNOILABOYx
08-31-2004, 04:06 PM
i live pretty far away in down in McKeesport and rely on my parents for a ride,ill try tho, do u race there often?

shogun_98
08-31-2004, 07:28 PM
I race there whenever i can