PDA

View Full Version : Chroming Car Rims

drifterx
08-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Anyone know a ballpark figure of how much it costs to chrome a set of rims? They are 16" if that matters.

Thanks

PHAT400
08-30-2004, 11:35 AM
Depending on who you go to likely around $150.00 per wheel.

crday98
08-30-2004, 12:05 PM
i looked around to getting this done awhile back and i got quoted for about $500 per wheel for polished 17" wheels.i was actually better off just buting new chrome wheels in the long run.there is more to just getting them chromed.if they are high polished aluminum wheels,it shouldn't be as much but if they are just painted cast wheels,there is a lot of prep work that must be done before the process.they must be as smooth as a polished wheel before the chroming can be done.many places charge different rates.it could even be the difference of a few hundred dollars per wheel.your best bet is to call every shop in your area that does chroming and get quotes to find out how much it wil cost you.you might also want to visit various car restoration sites to see if anyone can help you.they might know of an online shop that might be cheaper even with having to pay shipping to send them out.shipping per wheel is an average of about $25 per wheel.
good luck;)

Honda4trax250x
08-30-2004, 01:41 PM
i would just buy new wheels