PDA

View Full Version : almost plowed a deer today

jeepnrocks
08-29-2004, 09:06 PM
was riding with my friend to day and we were rippingthru some trails then out into a clearing where there is a long turn thats pretty fiun to slide thru. well he was following fairly a little bit behind me. well i was powersliding thru the turn and when i came around the peak of it there were 2 deer (doe fawn) standing right in the middle of the trail. locked up and got stopped luckily thru my hand up but all my biuddy saw was my led brake light thru all the dust and he got stopped in time too but barely !! they didnt even care they just meandered off the trail and into the woods. well we went up the trail a bit to get something to drink and here they come again, not a care in the world. they walked past us at about 20 yards and over into the woods and stopped. just kept looking back. anyhow were sitting there talking and eating a snack when another fawn walks within 15 feet of us and over into the woods . it just sat there and then bedded down not more than 15 yards away. got a few pics with teh camera, which we got into a backpack, took out of a case, turned on and then walked a ways over before the deer even thought about getting up haha. it was pretty cool but i coulda did without the almost crashing part haha
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/jeepnrocks/450r/deer.jpg

allmixedup047
08-30-2004, 02:18 AM
young deer get curiouse. happened to me a couple times. ive been out making tree stands and banging away with a hammer and befor i knew it i had a six pointer about 10 yards from me. probably could of killed it with the hammer.:D you dont have to work to hard to kill one of them, thats why most of the time first year hunters kill a small buck or young doe. experienced hunters are more quite and can cover themselves up better and usually get the bigger deer. but there are occasions where a first year hunter will kill a big one.:D

Antnee77
08-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
young deer get curiouse. happened to me a couple times. ive been out making tree stands and banging away with a hammer and befor i knew it i had a six pointer about 10 yards from me. probably could of killed it with the hammer.:D you dont have to work to hard to kill one of them, thats why most of the time first year hunters kill a small buck or young doe. experienced hunters are more quite and can cover themselves up better and usually get the bigger deer. but there are occasions where a first year hunter will kill a big one.:D

Damn you should have shot it!!! :)

bulkdriverlp
08-30-2004, 10:22 AM
fawns are yummie

Pappy
08-30-2004, 10:51 AM
i saw a buddy plow a fawn with a LT500....he was rolling when it darted infront of him. rolled the quad and skun him up pretty bad.

jeepnrocks
08-30-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Antnee77
Damn you should have shot it!!! :)
i would have but i havent got my hunting racks for the 450r yet :confused:

i saw a buddy plow a fawn with a LT500....he was rolling when it darted infront of him. rolled the quad and skun him up pretty bad.
yeah i think in that situation u get 3 losers. you the deer and the quad !