PDA

View Full Version : 300 set up

R-Crazy
04-07-2002, 02:59 PM
I have a buddy who has a set of 20-11-10 sand devils for his 400, and says he wants tires that has more paddle because he is getting a 416. The tire has 9 paddles and he want to know if i want to by them. would my 300 with the mods in my sig pull a 20-11-10 paddle with 9 paddles with out bogging out. I need an answer soon!!!!!

dave

WyoDuner
04-08-2002, 04:53 PM
Well, for some reason people always want to put on more paddles than their machine can handle. Your friend with the 400ex woould be smart to stick with the tires he has because that's probably more than enough paddle even with his 416 kit.

I would go with some paddles made for 4 strokes; maybe 20" with 6 or 7 paddles. Skat-Trak gliders would be good.

Those Sand Devils are more for 2 stroke machines or more powerful 4 strokes.

R-Crazy
04-08-2002, 05:15 PM
what about the geckos or somethin, i dont feel like dishin out 130 bucks on tires when i can get a set of tires and rims for that much. i know skat trak is the best but, i want to go on ebay and do the 400 front end conversion, too. just wan to save money. How would the geckos work on my bike?

dave

WyoDuner
04-09-2002, 01:11 PM
300exrules, Unfortunately most paddles from the cheaper brands are 20" and 8 paddle tires. You don't have many choices for the smaller 4 strokes besides skat-trak unless I am missing something.

The Geckos are V paddles and reportedly nothing to brag about.

If you are on a budget get an inexpensive 20" 8 paddle tire but that is even too many paddles for a 300ex. You will hear people saying they run 8 or 10 paddles on their machines and it works fine... Well, they'll work but not the best set-up. The key to paddles is A) the more paddles and larger tire the more powerful engine you need and B) wheel spin is the key to paddles success. If you can't get the wheels spinning a decent speed you will not have the floatation you need. If you have too many paddles you don't acheive wheel speed or flotation.

Well, anyway, good luck to you. By the way, if there are no large hills paddles will get you around OK in the sand and put less drag on your engine. Paddles create a lot of drag.

R-Crazy
04-09-2002, 10:40 PM
well, thanks for ht eluck, im gonna need as much as I can get, anyway, i found a set on ebay w/ 8 paddle sand devils. 20-11-10. the paddles are a little shorter than gliders, and i am thinkin they may work. If worst comes to worst, i will pump them up and get less traction. BTW, will banshee rear rims fit on 300ex/400ex hubs?
Thanks

dave

R-Crazy
04-09-2002, 10:43 PM
well, i have a typo, instead of, well, thanks for ht eluck, it should be, well, thanks for the luck.
Sorry

dave