PDA

View Full Version : rev limiter

Zeke
08-29-2004, 02:19 PM
i just bought a new magnum rev limiter for my 440ex. i got it on and everything but when i took it out for a ride to test it out it sounded like i need to rejet my carbs. do i have to do this with a rev limiter? if not whats the problem do you think? thanks in advance.

Zeke
08-29-2004, 09:12 PM
n e body????? c mon i really wanna get this thing on. help me please

nakomis0
08-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Do you have a degree key? or any other timing advancement?

If not then ... Sounds to me like you got a bad CDI.

cals400ex
08-30-2004, 11:40 AM
the box shouldn't make you need to rejet. did it need to be rejetted before you put the box on? maybe it is a bad box. what mods you have and what jets you running??

Zeke
08-30-2004, 12:05 PM
im not to eduacated ont he whole jetting thing yet so i dont no what im running. the dude never told me. n e ways my mod are 440 big bore kit which includes 11:1 pistion and racing cams. also a full dmc pipes k&n filter and those are the engine mods. so i got that rev limiter and it just like boggs down. you no when you put it in like 4 gear and are goin slow the punch it and i just boggs down thats kinda what it sounds like. its gay. i want this thing to work.

nakomis0
08-30-2004, 09:29 PM
If it runs well with the stock cdi and runs like crap with te magnum than the magnum is bad.

If it runs like crap with both cdis your jetting is probably bad,.

cals400ex
08-30-2004, 10:16 PM
first things first, jetting needs to be addressed. if they box is bad, that is another issue.

if your at mid elevation levels, mid temperatures, and the air box lid is on and not modified i would try this:

Keihin 158-160 mainjet, needle clip on 4th position from the top, 45 pilot jet, 2.75 turns out from lightly seated on the fuel screw.

also, a new spark plug couldn't hurt.

is your throttle cable adjusted properly? not enough slack will make the idle raise when the bars are turned. too much slack can really really hurt performance.