PDA

View Full Version : Predator Warranty

Trx4Life
08-29-2004, 12:11 PM
I had been looking at the Predators lately and a couple of days a go my wife just up and went bought me one. She got it for like 6k otd with a 4 year warrenty. I was wandering what types of performance mods I could do with out voiding the warrenty. Also did anyone else notice that when just kinda cruzing around the chain sounds like its beating agenst something. I have already adjusted it with some one my weight sitting on it.

Any info would be great. Thanks guys

440exnacsracer
08-29-2004, 07:34 PM
hmm the warranty isnt that great anyway, my friend paid $800 and they replaced $800 worth of motor damage when it screwed up and made him pay the balance (like $75). dont worry about the chain, the chain guides are wearing in, itll take about 20 hours of ride time. did you get an 04? they are overall great quads, i enjoy mine, its really a fun quad to mod too, its real responsive to small stuff like pipes and air filters. tires are the most needed mod though. hope i helped and im open if you need any help with your pred, though quadjunkies is probably more knowledgeable.
Ben

Trx4Life
08-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the info Ben. That chain thing was really worrieing me. No its an 03 I guess thats how she got them to throw in the extra warrenty, i never really asked her. I did notice the tire problem. I was thinking about trying the tires off my old 400ex see if that helps. Even with the lack of traction this thing is mad fast for stock.

I guess now I get to go give her a big kiss and tell her thank you.

QuadJunkies
08-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Its just a gamble, I personally was VERY dissapointed in there warrenty and so was my Dealer!! HE wont even offer it to his customers anymore!!!:grr: The first year they were great about things, after that they wont hardly cover anything :( 400.00 is worth paying rather than having nothing and being stuck with the whole bill if something terrible goes wrong....;)

440exnacsracer
08-30-2004, 08:12 PM
good point QJ, luckily everything that i had trouble with went wrong in the first 6 months. Trx...it should be a great quad, just keep an eye on the top frame rails, and if they should break, get it replaced with an 04 frame...thats the only major thing to watch out for, and keep your oil changed, it makes the shifting much smoother. have fun though, sounds like a great wife you have:) .
ben

Braff1
08-31-2004, 07:19 AM
My dealer strongly discouraged me from getting the xtended warranty. He stated that they refused most of the xtended claims.

All I have done to my predator is put in a white Bros air filter, HMF silencer and 13T sprocket. I have gotten more holeshots or up front on it (gncc and local) than my 400ex. The predator has the power to run with the 450's.

The chain noise is from the upper chain roller. I went and got a aftermarket roller from the bike shop and haven't heard it since.

Overall I have been very pleased with my predator.

Trx4Life
08-31-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the info guys, and yea ben she is great. I still cant beleve how much power this thing has in stock form. So far i have out run a piped, jeted, extended, raptor, and a 440ex with alcohol. (I think mainley cause he couldent get any traction in the grass it runs low to mid 4's at 300ft). I have also noticed that if you take off eazy in first and really get on it when shifting to second and third the tires will spin in both gears on pavement.

Braff1 could you tell me what kind of roller and where did you get it?

440exnacsracer
09-05-2004, 10:12 PM
yes, they are strong, mines not as strong, i think im needing a new top end, i got beat by a brand new pred today with a white brothers pipe, and those pipes arent so great. my razr 2's also weighed me down alot too though. stripping mine down tomorrow for the rebuild though:D :devil: :D

MY450R
09-07-2004, 02:29 PM
HOLY CHIT DUDE
you are one lucky ******* and have one awesome wifey
you should be looking to buy her something huh?

QuadJunkies
09-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
HOLY CHIT DUDE

you should be looking to buy her something huh?

That would be a VERY nice thing to do.......:D

Trx4Life
09-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Yea I am she rode it and she wants a quad too now, so im looking for her somthing

440exnacsracer
09-08-2004, 08:43 PM
ive got a 99 400ex;) ;) :D

Trx4Life
09-17-2004, 08:10 PM
well i did it. I went this afternoon and bought her a 250ex... She loves it. Maybe ill get to ride mine now

440exnacsracer
09-19-2004, 08:51 PM
250s are great quads....motors are bullet proof. good for wheelies too:devil: :devil:

QuadJunkies
09-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Trx4Life
well i did it. I went this afternoon and bought her a 250ex... She loves it. Maybe ill get to ride mine now LMAO!!!:p glad she likes it!!:blah:

Kennethyfz450
09-21-2004, 05:37 PM
The warranty is just as good as the dealer. I would go and talk to the Main mechanic and see what kind of guy he is and if he has control over what bikes he works on and what bikes he dont. for example at fun for all in kentucky (which is going to go out of business) the owner is a complete jerk, lier and he has his nose all over the place. Like if you want to talk to a mech they will send you to him and he will see what you want and wont give any information over the phone.. then you have places like adventure sports which is a great place to go that when you ask for a mech they want to help you .. because they want you to come back and dont really care what you ahve done as long as it really didnt cause the problem.. they are really nice to me they fixed my 300ex no questions asked and they fixed my 400ex no questions asked.. and i had the 4oo for 2 years before anything went wrong with it..
also one time i fliped it and it cut some wires and i couldnt figure out why it kept blowing fuses they fixed it and put it under warranty for me so i wasn't oout anything

to bad their is not a yamaha dealer around here like that i would buy me a extended warranty no questions asked.