PDA

View Full Version : dyno jet kit

Quad Dude
08-29-2004, 10:17 AM
ok i got my dyno jet kit did everything it said for a stage 2 jetting and it runs like $hit my 300 has k'n filter wiseco high compressing piston supper trapp exhaust with header no air box lid. the need is set at the 4th position like it said and im running a 128 jet its the biggest one the gave me any help would be great.

ps where should the jet holder be set??

VTRJason
08-29-2004, 02:22 PM
I just added a Dynojet kit to my 300 and it seems to work well. I tried the stage 2 with the 128 and no airbox lid and it ripped. Then I decided to run the lid because I didn't want to clean the filter every other day. Now I have the 118 jet with airbox lid, K&N, HMF pipe and it runs good. The needle is in the 4th pos. and the idle screw is 3 turns out. The jet holder must be used between the carb and the new main jet because the stock main is long. Other wise it will be sitting too high in the bowl. :blah:

Quad Dude
08-30-2004, 01:06 PM
your talking about the jet adaptor that they give you in the kit im talking about ther thing that the stock jet screwed in to i want to know how far it should be turn out

VTRJason
08-30-2004, 01:13 PM
Should be screwed in all the way snug. The only thing that gets turned out is the idle mixture screw.

kamikaze_rzrbak
08-30-2004, 01:39 PM
did you seat your fuel screw then screw it 3 turns out?

cals400ex
08-30-2004, 10:34 PM
uhhh, i can't promise you anything on a 300ex, but on a 400ex the needle jet holder needs to be adjusted properly. the piece in the carb from the factory that the mainjet screws into is called the needle jet holder. it will probably have a nut on it that holds it in place. i know on a 400ex, you screw the needle jet holder in and tighten the nut so you can see 2-3 threads on the needle jet holder when the nut is tightened down in place. then you go ahead and screw the mainjet into the needlet jet holder. however, don't crank the mainjet in there. snug it down and that is enough.

cals400ex
08-30-2004, 10:40 PM
while your at it, be careful to not loose the needle jet. this is a little jet about the size of a tic tac that goes above the needle jet holder. so, if the carb is still on the bike, this piece can fall right out. the needle jet holder holds this needle jet in place.

VTRJason
08-31-2004, 12:15 PM
Sorry I was a little confused on what u were talking about. Took out my Honda service manual. I never even touched the needle jet and the needle jet holder when I installed the Dynojet kit. Probably why I didn't know it existed. Anyway The manual doesn't show an adjustment. It just says install. So I would assume it should be tightened down snug like the main jet. :macho

cals400ex
08-31-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by VTRJason
Sorry I was a little confused on what u were talking about. Took out my Honda service manual. I never even touched the needle jet and the needle jet holder when I installed the Dynojet kit. Probably why I didn't know it existed. Anyway The manual doesn't show an adjustment. It just says install. So I would assume it should be tightened down snug like the main jet. :macho

on a 400ex, it doesn't show an adjustment either. however, it you just screw the needle jet holder all the way in, the power output will be really really low. what will happen if your just screw the needle jet holder all the way in is that the mainjet won't sit low enough in the carb to suck all the fuel. for example, if you screw the needle jet holder out a little bit, the main jet will be lowered in the carb. this is what you want. you don't want the mainjet hitting the bottom of the carb, but on a 400ex you need to make sure you can see 2-3 threads on the needle jet holder when you have the hex nut on the needle jet holder tightened down.