PDA

View Full Version : HRC kit questions...

jsc
08-28-2004, 06:46 PM
I got a new R on Thursday with the HRC kit. I am wondering if it would be ok to go ahead and install the air intake stuff and pipe end cap and not the cam, dont have a service manual yet. I will rejet with what came with the kit. You guys who are more knowledgeable than I think this will be ok? TIA.

nhyfzrider
08-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by jsc
I got a new R on Thursday with the HRC kit. I am wondering if it would be ok to go ahead and install the air intake stuff and pipe end cap and not the cam, dont have a service manual yet. I will rejet with what came with the kit. You guys who are more knowledgeable than I think this will be ok? TIA.

yeah, jet up and enjoy!

dvsmnd
08-28-2004, 07:39 PM
i did on mine. Is that black T that they give you any different than stock?

jsc
08-28-2004, 09:54 PM
I havent changed the "T" yet. Got a question, there are a group of vent lines that come from the engine case. One with the "T" splitter and another single line, that is clamped to the ones with the "T". One end goes to the case....where does the other end go. I have not got a service manual yet. Thanks alot.
Jeff

35charlie
08-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by dvsmnd
i did on mine. Is that black T that they give you any different than stock?

Yes, it's a larger diameter inside.

RIDER11X
08-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by jsc

I would say it is alright to install it right away, as some dealers are selling them with the HRC kit already installed I've heard. ;)

FatBoy Racing
08-30-2004, 08:40 PM
let her rip - install what you're comfortable with now. You can look on ebay for a good deal on a service manual, that's where I got mine.

Two points to remember though, be very careful not to lose the valve adjustment shims (you'll understand when you see the manual) as well as where each one goes.

Also -- use permanent loctite on the cam sprocket bolts. Mine came loose and my motor got all ripped apart - I'm still crying.

No pressure!

Have fun!

jsc
08-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks fellas, I have to take my wheeler back to the dealer for a new gas tank, the brass inserts that the front fenders bolt on to, well one of them the bolt is so tight, from the factory, that it just spins the whole thing insert and all, there is no way to get it out. I was just going to live with it, but decided to hell with that! I have not even had it a week. I think I just may have them install the cam while it is there. I have already done all the jetting and stuff. Thanks again.