PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with YZ426 hybrid in here.

BLK416
08-28-2004, 05:56 PM
I just got everything together in my bike. Then i run into problems. I have a YZ harness and a WR harness both practicly the same except for some headlight wires and the extra plug on the CDI. I also have a WR CDI. I hook everything up and no spark. I know that the stock carb and motor use a TPS. I have an aftermarket 39 FCR and it doesn't have the TPS. Does anyone know how to get around this? I can seem to locate a Clymer or other manual with wiring diagrams either. I also can't seem to find the oil fill. Im not running an oil tank. Any help with these problems is greatly appreciated. Im going to try to get the bike running tomorrow if i can get some information. Also, if anyone has a wiring schmatic, it would be a great help if you would post it. Thanks.

Knips178
11-30-2004, 11:23 AM
do you still have the yz quad? what frame are you using for it?

dork
11-30-2004, 05:20 PM
you don't need to hook up the tps, it makes no difference in the way it runs.

what year is the motor? i have a manual for a 98 yz400.

those motors were dry sump originally, so you're either going to have to run an oil tank, or put a wet sump conversion in it from dubach or whitebros. there is no oil fill on the stock motor because the oil is poured into the frame. the stock oil pump actually has two pumps, one that draws the oil into the motor from the frame and one that pumps it out of the motor back into the frame. the wet sump kit removes the second pump and oil lines to the frame.

you're running the wr harness with the wr cdi, right?