PDA

View Full Version : Recon wont start

Big400EX
08-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Hey I left my quad untouched for about a week and when I came back to start it a few days ago it wouldn't fire up. So I kept trying to start it and it wouldn't start, and then it backfired some sparks a few times that night. So the next morning I go out and it fires right up, I run it and everything is fine, I put it back in the garage and go inside. Go out about an hour later to start it and the same thing happens, it doesn't want to fire up.

What do you think thr problem is? If I cant get it to start im gunna bring it to the dealer to get the initial 5 tanks of fuel service. Passed that about 5 tanks ago, lol.

brian-250
08-28-2004, 05:20 PM
never had this prob with mine, it kinda sounds like your floadin it out or somthing like that.:confused:

Big400EX
08-28-2004, 05:28 PM
I talked to someone I knew, we decided that since my Recon is only a few months old that it needs the oil changed and a new plug. So now I have to get the dealer to come pick it up seeing as though we dont have our new truck and trailer yet and pay money for them to service it. I was supposed to bring it in after 5 tanks of gas:blah:

Oh Well.

I-7
08-28-2004, 09:25 PM
You can change the oil and the spark plug... its not that hard. It will save you money for labor and just have them do the valves and whatever...

Big400EX
08-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Yeah I want to do that but my dad wants to bring it there. I told him it's gunna cost us like 200 dollars on something we can do ourselves and he is like "Thats life" or some stupid shi7 like that.

Oh well, it's his money and if he wants to get it serviced by them and dish out the cash then he can be my guest.:blah:

Wont be riding for a while though:grr: