PDA

View Full Version : Tie rod assembly

04-07-2002, 09:17 AM
Any body know where I can get just the tie rod assembly fast.

Her is a problem I'm having if any body is willing to help me out.
when I turn my wheels all the way to one direction my tie rod is hitting my up a-arm, and there breaking

I'm not sure if the tie rod joint shoulder that goes through the stearing stem is suppose to, stop or be flush with the stem.

better yet if any body could post a picture of there tie rod i could solve the problem. I'm thinking that my lonestar stearing stem holes weren't drilled to the right size
any help would be appreciated.

CBW
04-07-2002, 09:27 AM
give me 15 nimutes and i will have a pic on for ya of the stem and the tie rods........;)

CBW
04-07-2002, 09:40 AM
hope this is ok........

04-07-2002, 03:53 PM
Chris thanks for the pic. yours looks the same,
you might have that same problem. When you get a chance check to see if your tie rods touch the upper a-arm when handle bars are turned all the way to one side.

CBW
04-07-2002, 03:59 PM
no actually they dont......otherwise my powdercoating would be coming off from repeated hits.......and for the pic they were turned all the way to the right.

04-07-2002, 04:44 PM
I'll have to do some investigating then, not sure now why my tie rods are hitting my a-arms, well thanks for information and taking the time to give me a pic. O by the way you wouldn't happen to know where I could get new tie rods.

CBW
04-07-2002, 04:53 PM
do you also have extended a arms??,,,,,,,,and if you do are your shocks stock?? Cause my wife has extended lsr a arms and her tie rods hi the arms...but the shocks are just right for her she says...but obviously there is to much extra leverage and the rod hits the arm. If you have a machine shop near you they should be able to make you some,,,i had my local shop make one i screwed up:o ..not a fun story......anyhow he made it out of solid rod,,,,,,not the welded on ends like LSR had,,,and i powdercoated it (solid chromium rod) translucent redand you cant tell a difference except for the weld on the LSR which was chromed then powdercoated.

04-08-2002, 03:58 AM
yes I have extended a-arms, no I have after market shocks,
I know a machinist see if he can make me a pair, other wise I think I'm going to try and set the tie rod joint in farther

04-08-2002, 04:55 PM
If your intrested I figured out what the problem was. The reason why the tie rod was hitting the upper a-arm is because my caster was adjusted the wrong way. Had -5deg. cast when I should of had +5degs. Fixed the problem:)

CBW
04-08-2002, 05:15 PM
glad ya got it fixed......thanks for the update...........:cool: