PDA

View Full Version : Was everybody Kung-fu fighting?

black box films
08-27-2004, 08:50 PM
These guys are amazing.
http://www.newschoolers.com/PHP/Videos/Uploaded/4099wanttobeaninja.wmv

But this guy needs more practice.
http://www.karolzyk.com/pee/castin.mov

Sportrax10
08-27-2004, 09:06 PM
That first video was amazing...

I wish I could do that...:eek:

310Rduner
08-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Those guys are nothing more than a bunch of McDojo ninjitsu posers. They are going to get beaten like the pubeless 12 year old school girls that they are if it they ever get in a fight. That is NOT martial arts, that is choreographed dancing. There is no fighting value in that at ALL. If you want to do a REAL martial art do something like Muay Thai, Boxing, Judo, or brazilian jui-jitsu. If you do not train FULL contact, you are going to be F*CKED in a real fight. Point sparring is worthless and only leads to getting your *** kicked in a real fight. Best thing you could do is take some kind of striking art like Muay Thai, boxing or Kyokushkin; then take a ground fighting art like Judo, or brazilian jiu-jitsu (Gracie jiu-jitsu). Bjj is the kind of ground fighting that you will see in almost every single UFC fight. Muay Thai is the striking you will see in most UFC fights... lots of elbow, and knee strikes to the face and LOTS of clinch fighting. Ninjitsu and most traditiona/ chinese martial arts are choreographed dance steps. They can work just fine, but they have to be taught with hard contact-full contact and most instructors won't do that.

Big400EX
08-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
Those guys are nothing more than a bunch of McDojo ninjitsu posers. They are going to get beaten like the pubeless 12 year old school girls that they are if it they ever get in a fight. That is NOT martial arts, that is choreographed dancing. There is no fighting value in that at ALL. If you want to do a REAL martial art do something like Muay Thai, Boxing, Judo, or brazilian jui-jitsu. If you do not train FULL contact, you are going to be F*CKED in a real fight. Point sparring is worthless and only leads to getting your *** kicked in a real fight. Best thing you could do is take some kind of striking art like Muay Thai, boxing or Kyokushkin; then take a ground fighting art like Judo, or brazilian jiu-jitsu (Gracie jiu-jitsu). Bjj is the kind of ground fighting that you will see in almost every single UFC fight. Muay Thai is the striking you will see in most UFC fights... lots of elbow, and knee strikes to the face and LOTS of clinch fighting. Ninjitsu and most traditiona/ chinese martial arts are choreographed dance steps. They can work just fine, but they have to be taught with hard contact-full contact and most instructors won't do that.

What's your point?:macho

400exrules
08-27-2004, 10:58 PM

do u take some kind of kung fu lessons or something :huh

oh and by the way, none of us can do half that stuff anyways so wut does it matter

bluebaron
08-27-2004, 11:08 PM
negative nancy,

thats so cool ****

310Rduner
08-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
do u take some kind of kung fu lessons or something :huh

oh and by the way, none of us can do half that stuff anyways so wut does it matter

I took martial arts for 5 years, and I'm looking to start taking muay thai and bjj. I happen to have a lot of interest in it and split my exriders browsing with a site called bullshido.com which is aimed at calling bullsh*t on all the poser-ish martial arts out there.

Yeah, I never said I could do ballet like the guys in the video can. There's one thing I can tell you they don't know how to do though: Fight.

chucked
08-28-2004, 11:24 AM

dude if i was about to get in a fight with one of those dude and they started doing crazy flips and ****, I would run.

400exrules
08-28-2004, 12:15 PM
I took martial arts for 5 years, and I'm looking to start taking muay thai and bjj. I happen to have a lot of interest in it and split my exriders browsing with a site called bullshido.com which is aimed at calling bullsh*t on all the poser-ish martial arts out there.

Yeah, I never said I could do ballet like the guys in the video can. There's one thing I can tell you they don't know how to do though: Fight.

and how do u know they cant fight? u can expect that anyone cant fight, but if there trained right they can bring down the biggest muscle head freak u can find. Just look at the UFC guys, i would probably strangle myself if i somehow found myself in a ring with one of those guys before they got near me.

ya never know

LTandRaptorider
08-28-2004, 03:52 PM

The choreographed dancing, also known as kata, is used to practice moves when you don't have a sparring partner. I was in to Tae Kwon Do and Isshinryu few years back... ok, many years back! I too preferred contact, but non-contact is also good for learning control. Maybe not all those guys would be any good in an actual self-defense situation, but it shows they are in great shape, and I'm sure wouldn't be doing any of those moves in an actual fight. The second vid of the guy with the nunchuks brought back an unpleasant memory... one time drunk at a party, someone handed me nunchuks to try. I started spinning them, and promptly smashed my nose! So then I decided to learn how to use them, and the staff, 3-sectional staff, sai, knives... got to be quite proficient with them. Nowadays if things get hairy, I prefer my .45! ;) :devil:

310Rduner
08-28-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
The choreographed dancing, also known as kata, is used to practice moves when you don't have a sparring partner. I was in to Tae Kwon Do and Isshinryu few years back... ok, many years back! I too preferred contact, but non-contact is also good for learning control. Maybe not all those guys would be any good in an actual self-defense situation, but it shows they are in great shape, and I'm sure wouldn't be doing any of those moves in an actual fight. The second vid of the guy with the nunchuks brought back an unpleasant memory... one time drunk at a party, someone handed me nunchuks to try. I started spinning them, and promptly smashed my nose! So then I decided to learn how to use them, and the staff, 3-sectional staff, sai, knives... got to be quite proficient with them. Nowadays if things get hairy, I prefer my .45! ;) :devil:

Yeah, I took Kajukenpo which has a lot of kata's and pinans similiar to goju ryu karate. The katas are pointless almost. Light contact drilling is completely cool, and definately a good way to learn control and hand eye coordination. A couple months after starting an art though (If not earlier) you should start sparring near full contact. The style I took wasn't the most hard core oriented. But.. my instructor was. He was a detective 22years, vietnam drill sergeant, and grew up in hawaii doing Kyokushkin karate. (Kyokushkin you will go home bloody and sore EVERY single night. They punch you in the stomach to toughen your muscles up, so much controlled pain to bring your toughness up.) He never brought it to the level of kyokushkin.... but a lot of it still rubbed off on us in the training; mainly getting hit hard a lot.

Also... nunchaks are not a good weapon to use for a fight. They bounce back WAY too often lol.

It's cool that those guys want to be posers, but the fact is 95% of them are probably disillusioned about their lack of skills. They actually BELIEVE they are doing a hardcore ninja art that will turn them into "d34dly str33t fighters".