PDA

View Full Version : help with my 300ex

frosti108
08-27-2004, 05:54 PM
:o ok im doing a clutch discs and springs swap, and when i got the cover off a tiny bit, a little spring fell out and i have no idea where it came from :( if im correct, theres only 2 springs in there, and one is secured in, so the one im talking about is the other one, but i dont know where it goes... i need to know where this spring sits. please help me if you can. pics would be sweet, but whatever, if you think you can help otherwise, go for it.

thanks,
ed

JDiablo
08-27-2004, 06:06 PM
its goes were the other two are,you will see a space that looks like it,that is it....i never ripped open my right side,only seen pix of it...so that is the best i can do,it is a clutch spring

Quad Dude
08-27-2004, 06:07 PM
http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/atv/trx300ex_93_02/trx300ex%20frames%20page.htm

part #12 under right crankcase cover thats the only thing i could think of. unless its a clutch spring which is hardly realistic

frosti108
08-27-2004, 06:26 PM
haha o man do i feel stupid. since i had to drain the oil out and everything before i opened the case, i figured id change the oil filter, and i guess i forgot to take the spring out thats behind the filter :D so yea i guess when i got the cover off, the spring came loose and fell, and i just saw it out of the corner of my eye and freaked...
thanks so much for your help guys, sorry bout wasting your time lol

i guess ill finish up the install tomorrow when i have daylight to work by... :)

oh and that service honda site is great, got those exploding diagrams like www.gopartsdirect.com

well thanks again,
ed

JDiablo
08-27-2004, 07:05 PM
NP thats wat we are all here for:p