PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Matt Bartosek Memorial MX Race, Linesville, PA

Admin
08-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Pymatuning Holeshot Raceway will be hosting the Matt Bartosek Memorial Race on September 4th-5th. With the GNC MX Series over, this may be your last chance to watch some of your favorite Pro Riders in action on the East Coast till next spring.

The A Expert Class will have a $5,000 Purse, and the A Class will have a $700 Purse.

redroost85
08-30-2004, 05:53 PM
To all that are going, this is an awesome race! Last year was the first year and the turnout was incredible. The racing was excellent....I think Matt White won last year when Phil Ogram's carb fell off:huh it was pretty crazy!

I wish I was going, but my injury will sideline me for the rest of the year.:( I'm not sure I am even going to watch....I'm not a very good spectator.:o

Thanks for this post Harlen, the Bartosek family I'm sure will appreciate it.:)

KJ#14
09-07-2004, 07:46 AM
Natalie had a come from behind win after being involved in a first lap pile up. It took him about ten laps to work his way up to the front and by Pat Brown. Natalie was the man on the move for sure. Luburgh was on the move also until he caught Dunk's rear tire and rolled his quad. Third place went to Matt White and second to Brown.

The track was a muddy mess Sunday morning, but the track crew got it into pretty good shape for the races.

Sorry no pictures..............I still haven't broken down and bought a digital camera:(

mxdave28
09-07-2004, 11:12 AM
********.com was on location shooting all kinds of pics. John took quite a pile of them and i also took quite a pile of pics and some video but im still working on putting it all together....john has the results and pics posted on the front page.

It was an Awesome race!

USAMoto00
09-07-2004, 02:30 PM
It was an awesome race! I was a bit disappointed after the incident at the start of the race(3rd turn), but I guess you'll have that. It's a shame that Luburgh and Natalie didn't get to go head to head for the win. Natalie ran an awesome race and came from way back to win it- congrat's John. Luburgh was the fastest out there though and him and Dunk seem to have some "issues" -especially after their get-together's.
It was very nice for all that attended to see such big names racing and it meant alot to the Bartosek family, I'm sure. I also would like to add that Jody Bateman and Mrs. Bartosek bought a ton of tickets for the Justin Ryan benefit fund to help his family with their loss. Then, as fate would have it, they won the raffle and the money. Being the people that they are, they donated ALL of the money back into the Justin fund to help with their cause. This proves to me that this sport can only grow! These people are not about money, but feelings and how to better the sport. I also have pictures if someone can tell me how to post them from my digital. Thanks, Brian Jenkins.

USAMoto00
09-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Nobody interested in this race?

Admin
09-08-2004, 05:36 AM
Ofcourse, we are interested in the race!!!

countypark
09-08-2004, 05:50 PM
I wish I could have made it to the race to watch.

I took my XC quad out there to practice before the weekend and found out it couldn't take the pounding of MX. Had a great time riding on the track though.

There was a few guys out there that were literally flying both on the ground and in the air. The jumps at Holeshot are massive and it was awesome to see those guys catching massive air. I had one dude pass me while I was on one of the jumps and I bet he was 10 feet above me.

Hope someone posts some pics.

redroost85
09-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Yeah let's see some pics'n at!:macho

Thanks for the reports guys!

mxdave28
09-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Stand-by for some pics.... im working as fast as i can with that so hang on...once i get some resized i will post some up for your enjoyment...

USAMoto00
09-09-2004, 05:28 PM
I can post some pics if someone tells me how.