PDA

View Full Version : Lt250r Vs Trx250r

Jake250ex
08-27-2004, 10:37 AM
ok I stumbled over this 92 quadracer and picked it up. At first, I was used to 4 strokes and kept this thing in the low rmp range and I was like wtf :huh why does everyone think these things are fast? Then I just got bored with it and let it set, losing interest and motivation in it. After that, my friend suggested I take it to the redline, and boy it was a whole new world. It literally felt like nitrous when it hit the powerband.

Anyway to my point, this quad wont get off the ground unless you have a steep jump. None whatsoever over logs. When it does touchdown, it is like it has unlimited suspension travel though. It is also about 4 inches wider than a 400ex, and that makes it a serious pain in the woods.

so, what I'm wondering is does the honda r act the same way? I thought about getting one to cure these probs.

wilkin250r
08-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Well, I do know that the R with stock arms is about as wide as a 400EX. That's an easy answer.

As for getting the quad off the ground, that really has a lot to do with your technique. I've never tried to jump an LT250 over logs, so I can't really add much insight there. I do know that I have never had a problem with a wheelie or jumping my 250r, and I have an 86 with the longer swingarm.

The wider wheelbase in the woods and tight sections is an obvious problem that you can feel within minutes. Getting the quad off the ground is a little different matter, it can be a very different technique than a 4-stroke. I suggest you get some more seat time on the LT250 before you give up on that aspect.

TCRACING425EX
08-27-2004, 06:49 PM
that was beutiful.:( couldnt put it better myself

310Rduner
08-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by TCRACING425EX
that was beutiful.:( couldnt put it better myself

Beautiful huh.. you going to jerk yer rocks off to it huh??

That's just sick.

Sicko

Syrus
08-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
Beautiful huh.. you going to jerk yer rocks off to it huh??

That's just sick.

Sicko

lol wtf ??:huh

Jake250ex
08-30-2004, 12:48 PM
ive been riding it for a year, and everyone else who has rode it says the same things! :(

kruzofman
08-31-2004, 10:04 PM
idk man i own a lt too and i have never had a problem with going off of jumps and such... i acually like jumping my lt more then eney other quad i owned....intell i bought my 400ex that is... but i am looking at trying to buy a 250r sometime because i love 2 strokes and the 250r just plan kicks *****:devil: