PDA

View Full Version : hrc kit or full exhaust???

dodgeram
08-27-2004, 10:25 AM
I am going to purchase one, which of the two do you recommend, I am thinking the hrc then add a full yoshi exhaust. I am also torn between the yoshi and the lrd exhaust any comments would be appreciated...

Antnee77
08-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Well if you get an Aftermarket exhaust, you're probably going to have to rejet anyway, so I would get the HRC first

MNTNMAN
08-27-2004, 12:56 PM
If I had it to do over again I think I would only get the HRC cam instead of the whole kit. Thats just what I think. If you did that, it would be cheaper and you could get them both at the same time.

86atc250r
08-27-2004, 06:53 PM
The HRC kit will give you more bang for the buck, then you can add a pipe later.

The only thing you won't use from the kit in the long run is the silencer insert & you can probably eBay that to someone else when you get your pipe. The cam, airbox lid, jets, breather setup, and snorkel are very worthwhile parts of the kit.

reconmaster
08-27-2004, 07:34 PM
if i were u i would get a white bros carbon pro exhaust or dr dubach b4 i would get a hrc kit cause dirt wheels said on thier white bros test that the carbon pro pipe gave way more power than the hrc did, i don't how internal motor qork is what gives u lots of power i belive. what do u have 4 mods if u don't have a filter get a K&N or UNi with what ever u get

FatBoy Racing
08-30-2004, 08:46 PM
I sold my endcap for about $35 on ebay, but it was new.

I would get the whole kit, the airbox and related mods are pretty cool. I got my kit for $200 delivered on ebay, and I suspect that it fell off a truck, but a deal is a deal!

I like the yosh pipes, I use them on both and they work great for me.

Have fun!

p.s. Permanent loctite on the cam sprocket bolts!