PDA

View Full Version : It's a flattrack/Super TT weekend!!!

dirtmomma
08-27-2004, 10:01 AM
WEll we have a busy weekend w/ 2 race dates!! Sat. night @ Skagit Speedway there will be a AMA flattrack event on the 1/3 mile clay oval :blah: pit gates open @ 3pm practice @ 5:30 racing @ 7:30pm

Sun @ Hannegan Speedway there will be a Super TT/ Flattrack this is one of WA states BEST tracks, gates open @ 9am racing @ 1pm

Just thought maybe some of you WA riders might make it to this if so, we will be @ the Cycle Barn booth @ Skagit w/ DJ's quad on display :) come say HI

we will also be @ Hannegan not sure where though but we will have a RIDE Motorsports banner hanging on our easy up :)

LTandRaptorider
08-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Good luck, have fun! ;)

AtvMxRider
08-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Good luck, have fun! ;)

Yep what he said

dirtmomma
08-27-2004, 06:27 PM
:cool: Thanks :) I'm already getting nervous :o it's been FOREVER since I've raced @ NEVER on a big track like these :eek2:

QuadJunkies
08-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Sounds like a blast!!!! Go kcik some butt girl!! Be safe and have fun... Make sure someone takes some pics !!!!:blah:

dirtmomma
08-30-2004, 10:36 AM
OK well we made it thru the weekend w/ no wipeouts :) that a good thing!!
Sat night we were just spectators, DJ did get to take my 300 on the track to pack it , it left there w/ about 100 extra lbs of clay, but he didn't race as he doesn't have an AMA card, but he wanted to watch anyway, there were only 3 quads there!! Seen Lance & Todd Tina!! There were all twiterpated when we told them about the big Super TT/flattrack up @ Hannegan on Sun, I think they were seriously thinking of driving to Cle Elum to p/u Lance's quad LOL but I didn't see them there!!
Anyway I had to run in the blaster class w/ my son :rolleyes: I HATE that cuz then I can't watch him but I did get to see alot of it from LAST place :grr: damn I suck!!!! I was gonna put a 14T front sprocket on but we were rushed so that was a MAJOR problem, another gal I race w/ was also there on here 305 & I couldn't even catch her :mad: it really sucked but I got to open the 300 up on a BIG outdoor track & it was a blast. When we got there they had already had the flattrack practice which we didn't know, so here we are in line waiting to go on the track & we had to practice on the TT track!!!! It was kinda fun but I was soooooo low I bottomed it out on the tabletop one time!! the ol air box met the swing arm LOL, I think that track would be a blast but they just don't have a class for my quad so I'd be out there w/ big guys & would be afreaid of getting landed on :eek2:
So I ended up getting 6th heat & main :rolleyes: DJ got 2nd both heat & main (his gearing was off too) but he was door to door going down the track w/ Daddio's kid on his blaster :) but he's geared for MX plus was running turf tamers but DJ loved that!! Their quads are about even motor wise so that was cool. I got LAPPED again by another 450, I really don't even know why the guy was in our blaster/250/womens class :rolleyes: it felt pretty good to be racing again, but I was A NERVOUS WRECK & sick to my stomach almost this time!!!! Ron got to ride a 450R that a buddy of ours let him race the main, he LOVED it & of course now REALLY wants one, he rode the 300 in the heat LMAO he's out there flyin on it then hits the fluff & went spinnin, he then spun out on the 450 too, but he had a good time. His brother Bobby took his 250R out for it's 1st flattrack, his 1st time riding flattrack also, he did good got3rd I think, him & Ron were in the same classs, but his son had to run the main w/ it cuz Bobby was coming down w/ a migrane & his kid went out there & was doing awesome just about got around a YFZ450 but his Dad told him to take it easy since he wasn't supposed to really be riding in the +30 classs

so it was a good time seen lots of FAST bikes, a couple wipe outs but nothing serious!!

Daddio if you read this HOW YOU FEELIN???????? He got tangled pretty good w/ a guy & went sailin :( But I will tell you what his kid Reed I will brag him up MAN THAT KID CAN RIDE, he's only 13 I think, he was on the TT on his YFZ450 & oh man he was AWESOME put on a great show & took 1st place LOL against all the big boys hehehe YOU GO REED!!!!

SORRY NO pics
I only taped Ron's main, he didn't do any taping of DJ & I typical man :rolleyes:

daddio
08-30-2004, 12:26 PM
dirtmomma........ I survived yesterday. a little sore is all. I was thinking that guy on the 250r sure got alot faster in the main. I have to admit, I only went fast enough to stay ahead of him. after the crash, I couldn't go into turn 1 as fast as I was. even in the tt race.
Reed didn't do so well in the tt main. he spun out on lap 2, couldn't restart his bike right away, and while trying to get back up front, he jumped the table too far, landed at the corner and ran up a predator's ***. then the predator took off and sucked Reeds front wheels even farther into his rear end. they were stuck for two laps. I was running third, with the whole pack on my butt, so I wasn't stopping to help. He has to learn the pitfalls of riding a bigger bike the hard way.
all in all it was a fun weekend. Reed has a different appreciation for the flat track guy's now. It really IS NOT as easy as it looks.
Dj and Reed did put on a good race in the blaster class. I'm glad Dj got the jump on Reed on the start and made him work for the win.
sat. at Skagit was Reed's first time on a full circle flat track. but compared to the Hannegan track, Skagit was alot easier. It was big enough, that all you had to do is hold it wide open. the high banking turned you.
I worked on Cecil Walker's sprint car when he raced at Skagit, and I always wanted to ride a quad around the track at speed.
this was a dream come true. I only wish more quads would have shown up to give the fans a better show.

dirtmomma
08-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Daddio......glad your ok ;) it looked like a nasty one, yeah DJ was telling me about Reeds main TT, that was too bad but thats racing!! DJ really wants to do some mx but we'll have to see about that. Thats right I forgot you were in Ron & Bobby's class LOL, yeah them kids can sure ride better than us parents :o but thats what it's all about. I wish I would of been able to ride the Skagit track but maybe next year we will step up & get AMA cards, I was bummed too there wasn't more quads out there :confused: I figured there would be LOTS but maybe next year there will be more I suggested they start running Sun flattracks there, that would be KILLER :) That was my 1st time on an outdoor big track so I had a blast next time I WILL change my gearing!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Mary wasn't too ticked about the class mess up, once again I'm sorry, but man she HAULED BUTT on her main that was pretty cool she took 2nd that damn banshee hauls ***!!!! I'm thinkin of running our 400 this winter I just don't think the 300 will be competitive in the open class :( but then again I may just not run & focus onthe kids since both of them will be running this year, maybe just run a couple when I get the itch :devil:
Well you guys take it easy & keep us posted on your racing!! I posted some stufff on our website today about the HRCA club if your interested, the 1st two newsletters are on there too!!
TTYL~DM

daddio
08-30-2004, 01:35 PM
I don't even remember what happened. I spun and the next thing I know is the quad is on top of me.

Originally posted by dirtmomma
Well you guys take it easy & keep us posted on your racing!! I posted some stufff on our website today about the HRCA club if your interested, the 1st two newsletters are on there too!!
TTYL~DM

what website?

dirtmomma
08-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by daddio
I don't even remember what happened. I spun and the next thing I know is the quad is on top of me.

what website?

www.sandvigracing.tripod.com :D

QuadJunkies
08-31-2004, 12:33 AM
SORRY NO pics
I only taped Ron's main, he didn't do any taping of DJ & I typical man :rolleyes: LOL! I feel your pain.........:o :p Did Lance and Todd race????our last nights for points is the 17th for the outdoor summer series....:macho

daddio
08-31-2004, 07:23 AM
www.sandvigracing.tripod.com :D
Didn't work

daddio
08-31-2004, 07:52 AM
here' some pictures. It's hard to ride, crash and take pictures.
http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/images/543.jpg http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/images/542.jpg http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/images/541.jpg http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/images/540.jpg

daddio
08-31-2004, 08:20 AM
here's Mary
http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/images/544.jpg

dirtmomma
08-31-2004, 09:18 AM
:devil: :blah: NICE PICS Daddio!!!! Man check out that inside tire of DJ's looks cool but he says he needed to adjust his shock more. HEY QJ that pic of Mary you should hear that damn Banshee down the straights :blah: it FLYS!! Thanks for posting those pics I'll have to throw them on our website if you don't mine, TTYL are you sure the website wouldnt' work??? I wonder if it's becuz I was updating stuff?? Maybe try hittin the 'www' @ the bottom of my sig??

dirtmomma
08-31-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LOL! I feel your pain.........:o :p Did Lance and Todd race????our last nights for points is the 17th for the outdoor summer series....:macho

NO I didnt see them there :( they are sooooo funny they were telling us what Lance calls Troy LMAO sounds like Troy has a good sense of humor though MAN we need to meet soon!!!

daddio
08-31-2004, 09:32 AM
:devil: :blah: NICE PICS Daddio!!!! Man check out that inside tire of DJ's looks cool but he says he needed to adjust his shock more. HEY QJ that pic of Mary you should hear that damn Banshee down the straights :blah: it FLYS!! Thanks for posting those pics I'll have to throw them on our website if you don't mine, TTYL are you sure the website wouldnt' work??? I wonder if it's becuz I was updating stuff?? Maybe try hittin the 'www' @ the bottom of my sig??
The sig works, but the shortcut doesn't.
go ahead and "steal" my pic's. :devil:

QuadJunkies
08-31-2004, 11:56 AM
NO I didnt see them there :( they are sooooo funny they were telling us what Lance calls Troy LMAO sounds like Troy has a good sense of humor though MAN we need to meet soon!!! Which name??? hehe... they call him alot of names!! LMAO!!!! That track looks fun. But, I would have bottomed out on that jump HARDCORE with mine!!!:o I didnt know they put that big a jumps on a TT Track???:huh

daddio
08-31-2004, 12:05 PM
all they did was use part of the motocross track and part of the flat track. not a "real" tt. the kid going over the jump is Reed on his 450. same kid that's on the blue #19 blaster. :D

QFT712
09-17-2004, 12:28 AM
We did'nt race.. Wish we would have known about that hannegan race..:( glad there was a decent turn out to support the event.. Hope all goes well in Idaho for the WORCS race.. Good luck to all!!!
Later

dirtmomma
09-17-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by QFT712
We did'nt race.. Wish we would have known about that hannegan race..:( glad there was a decent turn out to support the event.. Hope all goes well in Idaho for the WORCS race.. Good luck to all!!!
Later

:eek: ahhhh & he sneaks on here once again LOL ;) how's it goin? Wish you guys would of raced would of been nice to see ya go rip it up :devil: