PDA

View Full Version : leaning landing

flaccidracing
08-27-2004, 09:41 AM
took my 03 400ex out to amago on sat, and every time i would jump it would comr down on the l/f real bad. could i have a bad shock? i am a little big at 290lbs so i guess i wouldnt be suprised!

JRDrider22
08-27-2004, 10:03 AM
also check you air pressure. as a bigger rider i would look for some new shocks like aftermarket. any aftermarket shock is an improvement from the stock ones. also work on the lean if your left front is going down in the air, try to step on the right footpeg and gain control of the bike

TC426EX
08-27-2004, 10:48 AM
yeah sounds like an air pressure issue if its not the shock. Either way it sounds like you NEED a set of aftermarket shocks no question. Stock ones are set for the "average" rider from the factory which unfortunately is a 165 pounder....

flaccidracing
08-27-2004, 11:28 AM
IM THINKING OF JD +3 ARMS (THEY ARE CLOSE TO MY HOUSE) BUT WHAT SHOCKS? I DONT WANT TO SPEND A BUNDLE HOW ABOUT THOSE ELKA LOW COST SHOCKS? I RIDE OACATILLO MOSTLY AND IM NOT THE FASTEST BUT IM GETTING BETTER EVERY TIME. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO!

DaleJrFan
08-27-2004, 01:19 PM
i have stock shocks right now but i am putting works on real soon. after talking to several people that i trust, if you dont go with elkas, works is the next best without spending a arm and a leg.

4wheelboy
08-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by flaccidracing
IM THINKING OF JD +3 ARMS (THEY ARE CLOSE TO MY HOUSE) BUT WHAT SHOCKS? I DONT WANT TO SPEND A BUNDLE HOW ABOUT THOSE ELKA LOW COST SHOCKS? I RIDE OACATILLO MOSTLY AND IM NOT THE FASTEST BUT IM GETTING BETTER EVERY TIME. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO!

any after market shock will do axis elka pep tcs
for u try tcs they arent that expensive and they work better then other cheeper shocks:p

400-416EX
08-30-2004, 08:08 PM
I have a set of works right now and they are'nt the greatest shock but they are much better than stock. TCS shocks are great shocks also, a bit more than works but a better shock. I will be going with them this winter.