PDA

View Full Version : please help me !

DGR
08-27-2004, 09:09 AM
the two holes in the frame where the swing arm pivot bolt goes in are'nt round anymore... there are oval !! damn this thing suck and i need my ATV for this weekend!! How could i solve this ?

JRDrider22
08-27-2004, 09:20 AM
you should have tightened the nuts on the end of them.id say put lock tight on the end of the thrreads of the swingarm bolt and tighten the nuts on there as hard as you cvan without stripping them

DGR
08-27-2004, 09:38 AM
it's still moving and it has to e very thing

Someone else ?

JRDrider22
08-27-2004, 10:05 AM
looks like your gonna have to cross off the elka shocks in your sig and get a new frame

TC426EX
08-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Gotta get a new frame man... Luckily you can snatch one for anywhere from 250-400 bucks. Check ebay they always have them on there, and post a want ad in the wanted section on here.

tigerdog
08-27-2004, 06:02 PM
try drilling the whole ball of wax ,
go up a couple of sizes in the drill index and replace the bolts with grade #8 from the hardware store.
may weaken the components some but could last a while, if your thinking of a new frame what do you have to loose?
or you could wed washers to the outside that have the right sized hole.
i would try something before i baught a newq frame.

Rip_Tear
08-27-2004, 07:59 PM
other than it doesn't fix you quick for tomorrow, you can get a good welder to weld the holes partially up and you can just drill the holes out, should be fine.

If you really need a quick fix, fab a peice of metal as filler where it ovals out so it doesnt move so much. GL

Colby@C&DRacing
08-27-2004, 08:58 PM
You can weld a washer that has the right size hole in it on the out side of the frame on both sides. This will fix your problem for now.

DGR
08-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
other than it doesn't fix you quick for tomorrow, you can get a good welder to weld the holes partially up and you can just drill the holes out, should be fine.

If you really need a quick fix, fab a peice of metal as filler where it ovals out so it doesnt move so much. GL
i did that !