PDA

View Full Version : curtis x4 -vs- x6

jetmec2k
08-27-2004, 07:57 AM
which pipe is better and can you realy tell the low hit of the x4 vs the top end hit of the x6.... and will the power gains be the same as advertised if you only get the slip on and not the full system from curtis sparks???curtis has higher prices than ct and tc racing but he is offering a full sustem when the others offer slip ons....also ct racing is just a slip on and it makes as much power as sparks full system so ct's system would be better once you put on a header right????any input is much appreciated:

stupid driver
08-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Who told you that the CT pipe made as much power as the Sparks? If i remember correct, the Ct pipe is actually just a modification for you stock pipe. As far as the power gains w/ the sparks pipe, They are incredible. I have the x-6, and i would recommend that for a stock or modded engine. When i bought it from them, they recommended the x-6 over the x-4, because the top end was so much better, and overall it was better. Sparks does not offer a slip on pipe, its all or nothing.

TC426EX
08-27-2004, 10:38 AM
The sparks X6 full pipe will eat a CT slip on. Dont get me wrong, the CT is one of the better full systems for the 400ex but the arguement that the slip on makes as much power as the sparks full system is crap. The CT full system wont make as much power as a sparks....

cals400ex
08-27-2004, 11:29 AM
i have rode both the x-4 and x-6. the x-6 seems to have a hard "hit" compared to the x-4. the x-6 likes big bores and high rpms most. it seems that my 426 doesn't even make enough power for my x-6, but maybe its in my head. my buddies x-4 makes great power from bottom all the way to top end. his bike makes a more consistent powerband thru all the gears. i am in the process of testing these pipes side by side but his head gasket hasn't came in yet.

jetmec2k
08-27-2004, 08:15 PM
w/ a drop in cam pro flow uni intake and new rev box proper jetting....what would be better the x-4 or the x-6...and does curtis offer jetting stettings like ct racing does....i hate trying to find the perfect jetting....can take forever...

jetmec2k
08-27-2004, 08:17 PM
also tc426 thank you for all the input you always give about the exhaust...these forums are the only way for me to see how other pipes work,feel unless i bought them all and tried em...thanks

cals400ex
08-29-2004, 01:16 AM
i probably wouldn't get the x-6 unless you get into the motor more.

yes, we can get you close on jetting.

jetmec2k
08-30-2004, 12:16 PM
thanks