PDA

View Full Version : Crf230...or others?

400exbiggun
08-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Well this really blows. Im really mad. My mom was givving me a loan of $3000-4000 so that i could get a new 450r...ya know since i have NEVER got the pleasure of owning a new quad...such as most you guys on here...and well i guess i never will. At least for the next few years. My mom was gonna let me but my dick *** stepdad was pissed off and now instead of me getting a loan hes getting a new car (dont worry i hated him anyway)...although his car now is a 2002...but hey how do i know whats fair?:rolleyes: so im really pissed about that...saved and saved ditched the tecate and not i get **** for it all

anyway im not givving up i had NO RIDE for 11 months cause i bought a POS used quad and im not getting a used quad again..and the only new one that i can afford would be a blaster:huh ...uhhh hell no

so i guess im getting a bike...it needs to be like $3700-less msrp that way i can get it outta state pay no taxes and talk them down to like $3500 otd cash in hand

i was considering the crf230...what do you guys know about this bike? also i read the specs...and only a 2.2 gal tank:huh how long is that gonna last...i hated 2 strokes cause i needed to fill up 3 times before my buddy on a z400 went through 1 tank...and i dont see ANY company that makes crf230 gas tanks oversized

the ttrs are all big and slow...the wr's are alot of money...the kdx's are 2 stroke...and well I WANT A NEW BIKE..and anything bigger is outta the price range...this way i wont have to deal with a *** hole of a stepdad (and dont comment on this you dont know) and i can finally ride

and sorry its in the open forumn but no one is in the everything else

I-7
08-26-2004, 09:27 PM
If you want a quad Im sure you can get a really good used 400 whether its an ex, kfx, or a z. They are so many 400's out there for sale.... I know you said you will never buy a used quad again but if you have 3700 to spend you can definatley get a good 400 and it will last longer compared to the 2 strokes.

whatever your decision will be.... good luck :)

SRH
08-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by 400exbiggun
Well this really blows. Im really mad. My mom was givving me a loan of $3000-4000 so that i could get a new 450r...ya know since i have NEVER got the pleasure of owning a new quad...such as most you guys on here...and well i guess i never will. At least for the next few years. My mom was gonna let me but my dick *** stepdad was pissed off and now instead of me getting a loan hes getting a new car (dont worry i hated him anyway)...although his car now is a 2002...but hey how do i know whats fair?:rolleyes: so im really pissed about that...saved and saved ditched the tecate and not i get **** for it all

anyway im not givving up i had NO RIDE for 11 months cause i bought a POS used quad and im not getting a used quad again..and the only new one that i can afford would be a blaster:huh ...uhhh hell no

so i guess im getting a bike...it needs to be like $3700-less msrp that way i can get it outta state pay no taxes and talk them down to like $3500 otd cash in hand

i was considering the crf230...what do you guys know about this bike? also i read the specs...and only a 2.2 gal tank:huh how long is that gonna last...i hated 2 strokes cause i needed to fill up 3 times before my buddy on a z400 went through 1 tank...and i dont see ANY company that makes crf230 gas tanks oversized

the ttrs are all big and slow...the wr's are alot of money...the kdx's are 2 stroke...and well I WANT A NEW BIKE..and anything bigger is outta the price range...this way i wont have to deal with a *** hole of a stepdad (and dont comment on this you dont know) and i can finally ride

and sorry its in the open forumn but no one is in the everything else

does your step dad have life insurance, maybe you could kill him and you and your mom could collect and you could get a new one and a new quad

dont really do that tho...

400exbiggun
08-26-2004, 09:32 PM
SRH...sounds like a good idea...maybe i should consider that....oh wait damnit i dont think that they allow quads or dirtbikes in jail cells

i would get a used quad...but im really leary about buying one...i mean i got 2 used blasters taht lasted about 1 month each until BANG topend went. then i had a warrior that lasted 1 month then smoked and need a $400 topend...then the tecate that ate 2 topends...(i know bad topend luck) see thats what im worried about...i dont wanna get another POS like i already have to have sit here and me on the computer talking about riding instead of riding

SRH
08-26-2004, 09:36 PM
no u just dig a poond but bury him at the bottom before it fills up or something just cut his hand off and leave it somehwre tho so they know hes dead

just go get a job and dont kill your step dad

400exbiggun
08-26-2004, 09:38 PM
why would you say get a job...not everyone is a lazy teenager..i got a job already i have been working since i was 13 (off the books) i work almost everyday and im 16 i have to pay for everything...im low on cash cause my POS $4000 jeep kinda took it all

i wasnt gonna kill anyone...but i never said you couldnt:D

Rootar
08-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by SRH
does your step dad have life insurance, maybe you could kill him and you and your mom could collect and you could get a new one and a new quad

dont really do that tho...

accidents happen ya know:devil: nah really man my dad was gonna hook me up with a loan and let me get a 450r right when theyt first came out like the first ones but my mom didnt think i needa "race" quad cause i was only about to turn 15 so i ended up gettin my 400 and riggin it out at the end of the summer with all the money i made workin for my dad so dunno you might could finda used 400 or z for less than that mine only cost me 2700 and it ran fine till a shift return spring broke and that was gay cause nobody had ever order that part from the honda shop Everbut just look around man see what there is oh yea ive rode a 230 and the 150 the 150 was more fun to me cause it was eaiser to handle and jump and just playon

400exbiggun
08-26-2004, 09:42 PM
same here my step dad first flipped when he head a "loan" it was all down hill...then the ship sunk when he said "what the hell do you need a F****** race quad for your not gonna race):huh uhhh i do have my lisence in 3 months so weather they like it or now HERE I COME RACE TRACK...so if its a dirtbike im gonna race it anway...not like you guys...maybe not even race it but its gonna be jumped at rausch and jackfrost

SRH
08-26-2004, 09:52 PM
same here my step dad first flipped when he head a "loan" it was all down hill...then the ship sunk when he said "what the hell do you need a F****** race quad for your not gonna race):huh uhhh i do have my lisence in 3 months so weather they like it or now HERE I COME RACE TRACK...so if its a dirtbike im gonna race it anway...not like you guys...maybe not even race it but its gonna be jumped at rausch and jackfrost

what a ***

tell your mom you saw him and some lady in the back of car down the road and the windows were real foggy

acold7dusta
08-26-2004, 09:56 PM
yea dude i got my 230 for $2000 and its really quick and agile, handles really good. the downside is its 240 lbs but it only feels heavy when u try to pick it up. it goes through gas pretty good but its kinda hard to see how much gas there is in there ( i end up overflowing it sometimes) but if u just use it from a pump its not a problem. take it easy over the rough stuff cuz theres a headshake problem over 60 mph but if its flat its no problem. so all in all its a great bike let me know if u got any more questions

400exbiggun
08-26-2004, 09:56 PM
why would i tell her that when i could tell her the truth...he has very suspicious emails...he comes home 2 hrs late almost everynight then the time he says he would...he has emails from other women asking when they can meet agian...or meet in general...BUT I DONT WANNA GET INTO THIS THATS ANOTHER STORY AND HERE I WAS TALKING ABOUT DIRTBIKES.:)

400exbiggun
08-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by acold7dusta
yea dude i got my 230 for $2000 and its really quick and agile, handles really good. the downside is its 240 lbs but it only feels heavy when u try to pick it up. it goes through gas pretty good but its kinda hard to see how much gas there is in there ( i end up overflowing it sometimes) but if u just use it from a pump its not a problem. take it easy over the rough stuff cuz theres a headshake problem over 60 mph but if its flat its no problem. so all in all its a great bike let me know if u got any more questions

how long does a tank last you...like do you ride with quads...how often do you fill up compared to them?

tom400ex
08-27-2004, 07:43 AM
If you or anyone else wants to buy my 2000 400ex I'm selling it for $3000. Its got prm-skids all around, new holeshots on itp .190's all around. new plastics and gripper seat cover and a new clutch. There are no mods to the engin and stock exhaust. Its been very well maint. change oil after every 3 rides or so. always washed and put back in the garage after ridding never abused. let me know if anyone wants it!

trick450r
08-27-2004, 08:07 AM

i heta to give you more bad news but if your under 18 you cant ride at rausch or jack frost without a parent singing off on the waiver.....

I-7
08-27-2004, 08:08 AM
SRH...sounds like a good idea...maybe i should consider that....oh wait damnit i dont think that they allow quads or dirtbikes in jail cells

i would get a used quad...but im really leary about buying one...i mean i got 2 used blasters taht lasted about 1 month each until BANG topend went. then i had a warrior that lasted 1 month then smoked and need a $400 topend...then the tecate that ate 2 topends...(i know bad topend luck) see thats what im worried about...i dont wanna get another POS like i already have to have sit here and me on the computer talking about riding instead of riding

But still man...its really hard to find a 2 stroke used that will last along time. Im not suprised that 2 top ends went. Warrior's were never very reliable. If you find a nice 400 that is clean and hasnt been abused by its owner.... you will have a lot more fun then buying a crf230. Unless of course, your riding supports a dirtbike better... then go ahead and get one... just my opinions :)

Good luck

400exbiggun
08-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
i heta to give you more bad news but if your under 18 you cant ride at rausch or jack frost without a parent singing off on the waiver.....

has not stopped me before;)
my sisters boyfriend dropped me and my other 16year old friend off...we forgot about that...just walked away signed it and came back...not right but we had no ride home casue they left

Regular_Joe
08-27-2004, 08:48 AM
I was out on my motorcycle cruisin in PA yesterday. Came across a used '01 400ex, yellow, perfect shape, no mods, asking $3,600 ...... it was on Rt 167 by the PA, NY border. I can get the # if it is something your interested in.

trick450r
08-27-2004, 10:55 AM
has not stopped me before;)
my sisters boyfriend dropped me and my other 16year old friend off...we forgot about that...just walked away signed it and came back...not right but we had no ride home casue they left

at rausch creek...they wouldent give me my id tag till i had my dad come over and sign off....maybe jack frost but certainly not rausch.....:eek2:

400exbiggun
08-27-2004, 11:03 AM
no same thing there it was my sisters boyfriend and i and he just signed my stepdads name and that was all the person there did not care.:p

muddy400EX
08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
i just traded my 400ex in for a rm125. they were only askin 2800 for it and it has alot of stuff on it and its a 2003. i dont wanna piss anyone off but to me the dirtbike is alot funner to ride than 4 wheelers and it is way faster. personally i like 2-strokes but i think the crf230 would be a pretty nice bike. but if you want a quad you could get a 400ex for pretty cheap. i got my 400ex for 1800.

Antnee77
08-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Well the reason why you've had to do topends on these used quads is because they're two-strokes!!! Of course you're gonna have to rebuild it! If you get yourself a nice used 400EX you will be more than happy. As for the CRF230, I think it's a waste. It's like the same thing as the CRF150 except larger displacement. Nothing special. I would get a TTR230. New for this year.

There's really nothing wrong w/used bikes. You really just have to know what your buying.

BTW, why is your stepdad getting money that your mom was supposed to give to you?

400exbiggun
08-28-2004, 07:04 AM
i dont know

but anyway im getting the crf230...unless they have like a used 250x in there but i doubt it will be even close to cheap...and i dont care the power is good enough...you can only go so fast in the woods anyway. and im going to take it to the track after i get some bbr stuff

exrider360
08-28-2004, 08:02 AM
i got a 2002 300ex forsale needs ne tires and had a smack crack in front plastice but runs great and looks good the mods are in my sig if it says it has bandit tires thats wrong 2200 bucks

MotoX3
08-28-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Antnee77
Well the reason why you've had to do topends on these used quads is because they're two-strokes!!! Of course you're gonna have to rebuild it! If you get yourself a nice used 400EX you will be more than happy. As for the CRF230, I think it's a waste. It's like the same thing as the CRF150 except larger displacement. Nothing special. I would get a TTR230. New for this year.

There's really nothing wrong w/used bikes. You really just have to know what your buying.

BTW, why is your stepdad getting money that your mom was supposed to give to you? why would you get the bike that just came out?its probly got bugs.....id get the CRF:macho

Honda400exrox
08-28-2004, 08:35 AM
I rode with a CRF230 last night and they are one amazing bike...there fast and there powerful...personnally im not gettin another bike...im gunna get a 250ex:p