PDA

View Full Version : A new way to get taken... eBay

416exmx
08-26-2004, 08:56 PM
watch out. i just got an e-mail from what appeared to be eBay saying my bid was cancled on an item.. it gave me a link to view the reason so i clicked on it and it told me i have to verify my log-in information first.. well, it wasnt from ebay because i have not bid on anything for a while and second of all, the e-mail was in a different font and style than the ones from eBay.. anyway just letting you guys know. this is how they steal your ebay name and account..

JOEX
08-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Azzholez:grr:

Thanks for the tip.

H0nDo
08-27-2004, 10:57 PM
I hear ya Cody.....
My brother fell for it and entered everything and put credit card # in and all that chit, then he noticed it was different than the normal e mails ebay sends, so he backed outta everything, he was still worried so he emailed ebay asking them about it, and they said they had nothing to do with it, so he had to get a new credit card and we changed passwords on ebay......
I guess it coulda been wose

Seth:grr:

Ralph
08-27-2004, 11:06 PM
i got one saying my account was suspended, went to the link and it asked me to log in. so i closed out of the window they sent me to, went to ebay.com logged in there and it was fake. but since i made sure i was on the original site it didnt matter that i logged in.

chucked
08-28-2004, 11:20 AM
I get them a few times a week, To check if its right just look at the link if it isnt familiar i wont click on it.

Big400EX
08-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the tip. This is how low lifes get their money.