PDA

View Full Version : piston kits 400ex

Cwad_BoyEX
08-26-2004, 04:41 PM
I was thinking of putting a 440kit in my quad how hard is it to take the head of and stuff, and how involved do you half to get to get the piston out becuase the quad runs good but i dont want to half to split the engine in half to do all this so what iam saying how invloved is it to put one of those kits in and how hard is to put a new cam in it?

Cwad_BoyEX
08-26-2004, 08:15 PM
i know you guys have dune this stuff before, please share your experiences

47501exracer
08-26-2004, 08:28 PM
To put a 440 kit in, you will have to remove the cylinder and have someone bore it out so the new sleeve will fit in. Once the cylinder is off, the piston will be easy to take off and replace. Find a reputable bike shop and have them do it, or you can send it off to some of the companies that advo in magazines. I haven't done motor work on mine but I have redone my KDX 2 stroke which are easy. You won't have to split the case for a 440 kit. Do you race?

Cwad_BoyEX
08-26-2004, 09:48 PM
i was thinking of trying out gncc just for the fun of it and i wanted to give me bike some more power.

JOEX
08-26-2004, 10:27 PM
From what i've read you'll get better hp from upping the compression, camming, porting and carburation rather than boring and sleeving to get maximum cc's.

More cc's will only be better if you have the other components to go with it. Everything has to work together.