PDA

View Full Version : what does it cost to race xc?

dman
08-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Does it cost about the same to race XC as it does to race MX?
As far as the gate fees and entree fees go. And does anyone
here have experience in running an xc event? I may have the
oportunity to run an event like this soon, but I was curious
what differs from MX events. Thanks for any info!

Braff1
08-26-2004, 03:31 PM
haspin 15.oo gate fee 20.oo entry fee
gncc 10.oo gate fee 40.00 entry fee

Braff1
08-26-2004, 03:32 PM
you planning on starting up xc racing?

cdalejef
08-26-2004, 04:04 PM
GNCC's are way cheaper to run than GNC's.

ranger400ex
08-26-2004, 04:07 PM
If you travel with a group I would plan $150-200 per weekend for everything.(+ AMA card at first race $39) If you are running solo..plan to add some more gas money there. Misc parts and repairs will add alot too...just hard to budget for them. It isn't real cheap, but it is a great time, and the more you get..the cheaper it will make the trip.

BMW

5valves
08-26-2004, 06:02 PM
The actual cost of getting into the races doesnt seem to me to be the big expence.
Its proper set up, and repair costs.

dman
08-27-2004, 10:56 AM
I'm just trying to get an idea of what it's all about before
I try to set an XC up. I want to do a quad event but MX
is what I know, and I don't feel like thats what quad
riders want. I have been asked to set up an area near
where I live thats about 350 acres. The owners want
to run off road events that WILL be successful. I have
to be sure it can be done and draw alot of people. Not
only that but these events must make people want to come
back again. So I'm making double sure this is something
that will work. How long is a normal coarse and how does a
day go at a local XC race?

08-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Pm humboldthills her on the site he runs some events and was nice enough to let me know what the cost to put on an event was.

Iamgone
08-27-2004, 11:46 AM
You may want to check out the ATVA/AMA sites for most of your information. If the track is done right you can use it for more than one type of race and maybe even run bikes. Also they are the best source if you are looking at becoming a sanctioned venue with contigencies. Anyone who does well will tell you contingencies can help alot.:cool: Whichever way you go good luck and make sure you check local codes/ordinances/restrictions before movin any dirt.........

Iamgone
08-27-2004, 11:47 AM
You may want to check out the ATVA/AMA sites for most of your information. If the track is done right you can use it for more than one type of race and maybe even run bikes. Also they are the best source if you are looking at becoming a sanctioned venue with contigencies. Anyone who does well racing, will tell you contingencies can help.:cool: Whichever way you go good luck and make sure you check local codes/ordinances/restrictions before movin any dirt.........

dman
08-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Man I sure appreciate the quick responses I have recieved
on this post. That says alot about the popularity for sure.
And as far as the OK to do this, our community has been
subjected to many off road areas and events. And not
many negative things have came up from it. There are not
many people around our area that are against off-roading.
Most are out there involved in it in some way or another.

chad cavagnaro
08-27-2004, 05:08 PM
there is a area close to me that is in the process of opening racing for quads in particular, they have been operating for about 2-3 yrs now and are continuing to expand. they started off with moto-cross, and xc track with only about 6-7 mls of tight woods marked. put in a mud bog for a mud truck club for thier compititions on sat morns. now they are working on a flat; t.t. track. plus they charge 10. bucks to come out and ride for a day 7 days a week. they have a couple of retired fella's constantly changing the xc course and arrowing it out. my harescramble series has two h.s. a year out there. it is not all that big an area and they utilize the area well. he plans on putting in dragway next year. the only thing about local harescrambles are they do not draw a lot of spectaters, wich means not a lot of entry money.
at least not like mx, and tt. tt can be fun at night if you install lighting. well hope you have success!! good luck.:)

check out www.highway89raceway.com