PDA

View Full Version : Cam questions

Dust_1503
08-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Well once the time comes for me to get a rebuild on my ex I'm wondering what cam i should get since i don't know the differences between brands (web,hot, etc..) I'm runnin a 440, and run mx. When i get the rebuild i'll also have them port and polish, then later on the road i'll throw a bigger carb on, but thats way later unless an abundance of funds comes my way. All i really wanna know is what is the most popular or seeming to you guys the best cam setup for moto? Thanks

08-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Depends on cash.

Get a hotcam for $120 or spend big bucks and go with sparks race cam, HRC, etc, etc.

I have a HRC cam headed my way right now...:devil:

khen
08-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Are you getting or do you have hardened rocker arms? The stage 2 Hotcam seems to be a popular choice and is priced really well.. That is what I'll be putting in over the winter.

I think you can run it with the stock rocker arms and valves/springs.

TC426EX
08-26-2004, 04:53 PM
If youre on a tight budget get the Hotcam stage 2. If youre not on a tight budget then go with one of the cams below.

-TC 924 MX grind cam... Its a drop in, meanining you wont have to get your rockers hardfaced or put heavy valve springs if you dont want to. Requires your cam as a core.

-Sparks aggressive drop in cam.........This is also a drop in cam, and requires your cam as a core.

-Sparks race cam..........This cam requires hardfaced rockers and heavy valve springs and your cam as a core as well.

-Web race cam.......Requires hardfaced rockers and heavy valve springs and your cam as a core.

Dust_1503
08-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Don't really have much of a budget for cam wise, and yeah i'll end up beefing the rockers and springs once i get in there. So any of those full race cams looks good to me. I'm keepin this quad for awhile so if i'm doing it i'm doing it all out so i don't gotta do it again. Thanks

400-416EX
08-26-2004, 06:21 PM
The hot cams seem to be the most popular and they are very well priced. Can't go wrong with them.

cals400ex
08-26-2004, 10:44 PM
with the hotcams and other drop in cams, you should NOT use hardened rockers. just clarifying this. also, sparks said there was no core charge on their aggresive drop in when i checked. i wish i had that aggresive drop in to compare it with this TC mx grind cam.

flyingbyfast400
08-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Whats the price of thoes cams run? and were can i find sum info on them?

DaleJrFan
08-28-2004, 11:01 PM
this is the web address http://www.hotcamsinc.com/ again,do not use hardened rockers or stiffer springs, this will just make you quad run hot.

cals400ex
08-29-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
this is the web address http://www.hotcamsinc.com/ again,do not use hardened rockers or stiffer springs, this will just make you quad run hot.

the hardened rockers will ruin the cam!!

call C&D for info on the sparks cams. they will be able to get those in for a better price than sparks sells them for. i am thinking that aggressive drop in spark cam is around $400. the TC mx grind cam is $200 plus you give them your stock cam as a core.