PDA

View Full Version : My LT arms are holding up awsome

jlhughes750
08-26-2004, 09:49 AM
I've been doing kind of a long term test on some XC Long Travel AArms for my YFZ..... There from Gibson and sold by East Coast ATV....

Theyve been on the bike for nearly 40 hours of practice and racing, including the 6 Hours of Rausch (we were leading early) and several grueling District 6 Harescrambles..

The arms are chromoly and feature outstanding ground clearance qualitys integrated into there design. They use a king pin set up. I have been testin a new "stud and lock nut" set up for the Gibsons and its worked out great. I have never had an issue with binding or steering drag!!!! These things are working out great.

jlhughes750
08-26-2004, 09:54 AM
heres a shot of my teammate Dan Ketterer taking the lead at the 6 hours of Rausch....

Check out the clearance under the frt. end.... this helps with rock and stump clearance, helps keep the arms from being scraped and still allows the bike to have that low ride height for XC racing...

jlhughes750
08-26-2004, 10:06 AM
They are made and in stock, no waiting!!!!! We tested a few designs dialed in the best set up and now there ready!!!!

They are availible with just the AArms and tierods OR the better way to go, for just a few more peanuts u get the AArms,and Gibson tierods, with an adjustable steering flag to correct any bumpsteer issues from stock....

Shocks: We used Axis. less than 2 weeks wait for the shocks..

Note: This thread was based on my experiences and my opinions, I was excited to share info about a product that worked so well and was availible to everyone!!!

If anyone has further questions about the product I reveiwed please PM or call me!!!!!

later, J

hondakiller
08-26-2004, 10:11 PM
What does this setup run??

Kilabanshee
08-26-2004, 10:47 PM
I think it runs in the 2k range with suspension.. Jay is always kicking arse in the d6 races with his gibson LT setup, deffinatly the nicest xc a-arm setup I've ever seen!

jlhughes750
08-27-2004, 08:27 AM
I don't think were allowed to talk $ on here (Pappys watchin)...

But if your interested I can PM u the $.......

400grl
08-27-2004, 10:15 AM
I have said that if I get a-arms for the YFZ, that I like the Gibson's the best.......I like the East Coast ATV's.....they are set up so nice.....

jlhughes750
08-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Yeah ECATV Team racers have some killer lookin bikes....

I got my GIBSON arms in chrome!!!;)

There holding up nice to the rocks and roots...

I'll get some still pics this weekend, when the quads all cleaned up.

jlhughes750
09-08-2004, 08:35 AM
I just added a GIbson stabilizer last week, what a difference!!!!!

I forgot to get the pics, i'll get some this week

remlapr
09-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Is Gibson making LT XC arms for the 450r?

Kilabanshee
09-08-2004, 09:23 AM
I think they are working on a lt450r setup but this wont be on the market for alittle while I could be wrong.

jlhughes750
09-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Yes they do have the long travel for the 450R!!!!!!! call Matt at ECATV..... I have not seen them yet, but there due in any day!