PDA

View Full Version : Main bearing siezure

Rescueme
08-25-2004, 10:44 PM
I have a 465 stroker. Less than 3 hours on a complete rebuild, everything on the motor brand new, and the main bearing siezes on the crank. Motor was not hotter than normal, I have the external oil cooler, Pingray oversize oil tank, and yes when I took it apart,( after the siezure) I checked all lines to make sure they were not blocked, including the pick up. I have heard that when they re-weld the pin on the crank and press it back together, they could have pressed the halves to tight. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Could the new bearing have been bad to begin with?

F-16Guy
08-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Rescueme
I have a 465 stroker. Less than 3 hours on a complete rebuild, everything on the motor brand new, and the main bearing siezes on the crank. Motor was not hotter than normal, I have the external oil cooler, Pingray oversize oil tank, and yes when I took it apart,( after the siezure) I checked all lines to make sure they were not blocked, including the pick up. I have heard that when they re-weld the pin on the crank and press it back together, they could have pressed the halves to tight. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Could the new bearing have been bad to begin with?
What seized, the lower rod bearing or one of the crank bearings?

Rescueme
08-26-2004, 07:39 AM
detail, details lol... sorry it was the rod bearing.