Quad101
08-25-2004, 07:17 PM
What's better for XC & MX?

Quad101
08-29-2004, 08:08 PM
bump

SSracingNY
09-06-2004, 04:31 PM
If you dont mind quad101(saving room on the fourm) which is better for MX/XC and tell why. Im purchasing one very soon and need suggestions. Thanks

Sm0k3d
09-06-2004, 05:38 PM
I feel more comfortable on the 450r so thats what I would buy, the seat seems wider and more comfortable, I like the shape of the gas tank and where the handle bars are placed.. So thats what I would buy. And yes i've sat on both 05 models (450r and yfz) I found it was hard to take the seat off the yfz, seat was a little hard (didnt mind) yet it was way too narrow by the gas tank and the peg position seemed a little low.

SSracingNY
09-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Sm0k3d
I feel more comfortable on the 450r so thats what I would buy, the seat seems wider and more comfortable, I like the shape of the gas tank and where the handle bars are placed.. So thats what I would buy. And yes i've sat on both 05 models (450r and yfz) I found it was hard to take the seat off the yfz, seat was a little hard (didnt mind) yet it was way too narrow by the gas tank and the peg position seemed a little low.

thats kinda what I thought when I sat on it. You kinda "slide" into place. And theres like groves for your legs in the tank.

Sm0k3d
09-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah thats what I felt, when I sat on it I felt great, comfortable, etc.. The shifter/brake was in the perfect place and the handlebars were comfortable sitting down. I felt like I could ride sitting down all day on the dunes, and some days I feel like that and I do ride for hours sitting down just hauling around, but standing up I felt comfortable too. Though the front shocks felt a little stiff.

SuzukiRacr07
09-06-2004, 10:46 PM
for trails, the 450R no doubt...... it has a more linear powerband and isnt quite as quick as the YFZ so it makes it a little easier to get thru the woods with.. it also feels very good while sitting down....... for MX, the YFZ for sure.... its got just straight power thoughout the entire powerband and hits hard in the midrange like a mofo...... it has a lower cg which makes it handle better than the 450R when going hard through a turn, and is just the overall better quad for MX IMO

theyfctr
09-07-2004, 02:05 PM
that yfz is actualy a bit wider

If you get a 450r plan on getting the preformance kit

Kennethyfz450
09-15-2004, 10:50 AM
I would pick the yfz450:macho

jumps good
handles good
decent power
lower center of gravity
can loose a easy 15 pounds by removing battery, lights, starter. and installing a kick

where as the honda is tippy
ok power
jumps good
and weights 350 pounds with the kicker already installed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

neither one of these machines has enough power.. yes they was exciting at first but i am ready to install the 2004 wr 450 crank in mine with a slightly higher compression piston with a 41fcr carb and maybe a slight bore increase. haven't decided yet. the one thing i love about the stoker is the cost. At 500.00 it can not be beat i wish i would have bought that instead of a pipe..

how someone was talking over at bluetraxx or yfz central they really love the way the power comes on hard.. and how much power it has with a 16tooth sproket with a -4 trail tech flywheel..

sorry for getting a little off subject.. haven't been here for a while and wanted to talk an type.:D

Quad101
09-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of the 450R for XC. Part's are cheap to. Thank's all of you for your input.

Johnson
09-18-2004, 07:16 AM
Put a flywheel in the yfz and I think it's alot better for xc.