PDA

View Full Version : CRA anyone????

freak
08-25-2004, 06:16 PM
JUST WOUNDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE RACE'S CRA?IM FRPM EAST LIVERPOOL OHIO AND ITS MY FIRST YEAR DOING HAIRSCRAMBLES.I RIDE A 400EX!

countypark
08-25-2004, 06:46 PM
What day is it? I will probably go and see if I can get a better start then Pine Lake.

K_Fulk
08-25-2004, 07:22 PM
I race cra when i get around to racing. I race mx. But every once in awhile i show up at mansfield to watch a hare scramble.

TC426EX
08-25-2004, 08:39 PM
I used to race CRA, but have been doing more AMA D12 events this year (when my bike is running). Unfortunately missing races has killed me in points this year so I really dont care how many more races I get out to this summer season. I wont be racing another series until the little summit indoor series starts. CRA is a good sanction, dont know much about the HS races they hold, but I can tell you that the MX tracks in CRA arent NEARLY as good as the ones in D12...

freak
08-26-2004, 11:32 AM
YES THERE IS A CRA HS TRACK IN SALEM BUT I THINK THE RACE THIS SUNDAY IS AT LIGHTENING?THE AT CABLE CREEK.THIS SUNDAY MIGHT BE A NIGHT RACE?IVE ONLY RACED ABOUT 8 RACE'S AND IM IN 45 PLACE OUT OF ABOUT 130 RIDERS.MY YOUNGER BROTHER IS IN 4.NOT BAD FOR HIS FIRST YEAR!WE RACE THE WOODSMAN CLASS.I THINK IM JUST TO OLD TO START RIDDING AND RACEING???I LIKE THE THE CRA BUT THEY DO SOME GOOFY THINGS.LIKE THERES A KID NAMED BRANDON SOMMERS WHO IS SO FAR AHEAD IN GNCC POINTS EVEN DONT HAVE TO RACE THE REST OF THE YEAR AND NODY WILL CATCH HIM IN HIS CLASS AND THEY LET HIM RACE IN THE WOODSMAN CLASS.IN MY OPION HE SHOULD BE IN OPEN OR A SENIOR CLASS???

Matt756
08-26-2004, 12:19 PM
hey freak,
i dont race but i go to every race a Big Game Raceway have u raced there

freak
08-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Yea! Thats the one in hubbard right?I've raced there twice.One solo and the last team race!Raced the 3 team races with my little brother,we finished fourth over all.

quadchick3
08-26-2004, 07:39 PM
I race the Summit Indoor Series for CRA in January and Febuary but thats about it. CRA needs to step it up soon and make class changes so AMA/ATVA riders can ride in it.

Matt756
08-26-2004, 08:06 PM
ya, its in hubbard the last tteam race is the one with all the creek crossing my dads friend took his raptor right through the deep part by the way wat does ur brother race

freak
08-27-2004, 10:47 AM
YEO THATS THE ONE THOSE CREEK CROSSING KICKED MY A??.MY BROTHER RIDES A 400 EX.HE'S 4TH IN THE WOODSMAN
CLASS.

Matt756
08-27-2004, 05:17 PM
ya thats wat my dads friend said the first and last creek crossings looked like the worst he said it was more the hills and mud than the creek crossings that wore him out

redroost85
08-30-2004, 05:48 PM
I've raced CRA tracks like Pymatuning, Malvern, Lightning, etc...I've never done a harescramble though, just mx.

The way I see it is that CRA is a little more rider friendly....go D12 and the tracks are more difficult and the riders are faster...jmo though.

Good luck to ya though, bud.:)

bs784
08-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by freak
YES THERE IS A CRA HS TRACK IN SALEM BUT I THINK THE RACE THIS SUNDAY IS AT LIGHTENING?THE AT CABLE CREEK.THIS SUNDAY MIGHT BE A NIGHT RACE?IVE ONLY RACED ABOUT 8 RACE'S AND IM IN 45 PLACE OUT OF ABOUT 130 RIDERS.MY YOUNGER BROTHER IS IN 4.NOT BAD FOR HIS FIRST YEAR!WE RACE THE WOODSMAN CLASS.I THINK IM JUST TO OLD TO START RIDDING AND RACEING???I LIKE THE THE CRA BUT THEY DO SOME GOOFY THINGS.LIKE THERES A KID NAMED BRANDON SOMMERS WHO IS SO FAR AHEAD IN GNCC POINTS EVEN DONT HAVE TO RACE THE REST OF THE YEAR AND NODY WILL CATCH HIM IN HIS CLASS AND THEY LET HIM RACE IN THE WOODSMAN CLASS.IN MY OPION HE SHOULD BE IN OPEN OR A SENIOR CLASS???

I'm not trying to make anyone mad. This is my first full year of racing fourwheelers or cross country and because of that I qualify for the woodsman class. If I ran another class I could have gotten protested at the nationals. Now I am just trying to finish as good as I can in the woodsman class points for the year. Also I am to young to ride in a Senior class. The next CRA race your at that I'm there come introduce yourself. I'll be on a stock white yamaha with the number 784.

countypark
08-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Brandon is right about his National standings. He races in the GNCC 16 to 24 4-stroke C class. If he ran any of the other classes in the CRA someone in the GNCC could protest his C class standings.

He is leading the Points for that class and I believe he has even been on the Podium at the John Penton GNCC race finishing 3rd overall for the morning race which consisted of 240+ racers including Traci Cecco, John Gallagher Sr., and Harlen Foley and a whole lotta other really fast racers.

I run the GNCC Sport class and I am running some CRA races in the Woodsman class, Mainly because I race a 300 EX and it isn't as fast as most of the quads out there today.

I think it is great that a young amateur can get into this sport and show some power. Brandon is running up front with some really fast and experienced racers (unfortunately for me, I'm not one of them) and he is doing this in his first year of cross country racing. He will definitely be a force in the GNCC series in the future. The CRA woodsman class won't have to worry about Brandon next year because he will move up without a doubt, so he can give guys like Curtis Crump and Dave Simmons and Johnny C a run for their money.

Good Luck Brandon,

ps. I see that another former CRA Woodsman Champ is chasing you down at the Nationals , Michael Howell.

yoshz400rider
09-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Hey freak your brothers Rich right? Hes a great guy and fast also one of the only guys not on a 450 know along with me and mike sheldon. As for Brandon he is just damn fast and its a shame they didnt give you the overall at hidden valley. The CRA has some fast riders that come out of it liek Brandon Curtis Johnny and Dave look out next year for one Kevin Yoho hes fast and only 15 years also a former woodsman champ. Ill be racing my first GNCC at powerline park with my brother a utility rider.

yoshz400rider
09-07-2004, 05:49 PM
oh ya scott barron to he got 12th overall and 1st in his class at sparta

freak
09-08-2004, 07:55 PM
HEY NEVER MEANT TO UPSET ANYONE OUT THERE.I ALSO THINK BRANDON IS A GREAT RIDER.I GUESS THE WAY I WORDED A FEW THINGS IT DIDNT SOUND TO GOOD.BUT ANYWAY GOOD LUCK TO YA BRANDON AND ANYONE ELSE OUT THEREWHO RACE CRA.WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE OUT THE HAS EVER RIDDEN IN WELLSVILE(YELLOWCREEK)AND IF SO WOULD ANYONE BE INTERESTED IN GETTING TOGETHER AND RIDE???THERES ABOUT 1,200 ACRES TO RID AND ITS FREE.........!!!!!