PDA

View Full Version : Post your tool box

chucked
08-25-2004, 05:46 PM
So lets see those tool boxes, Im in the hunt for a tool box, Im thinking about getting a Macsimizer tool box, top and bottom, John Force special edition, the Snap-On guy has a used one for 2k, Just lookin for some ideas.

Rip_Tear
08-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Sorry, but I use a dresser to hold my tools... Tool box's are too expensive, its retarded... I'll build a nice one some time.

400exdad
08-25-2004, 06:22 PM
I've got a Craftsman! :D I couldn't afford a Snap-On when I bought it. It doesn't roll around much since I stopped "mechanicing" for a living!

bulkdriverlp
08-25-2004, 09:45 PM
ive got a crapman got mad at stuff beat with a hammer few times oh ill never spend a lot on a tool box.jmo.

FatBoy Racing
08-26-2004, 03:08 PM
At home I use 2 craftsman cheapie series roll-arounds. They have 6 drawers and a lid on the top box, one open spacer area, and a 4 drawer bottom box with a cabinet. I tripped over these on some special for about $150 each. In the field I use a pretty good size craftsman plastic tool box with two stacked trays and a removable wheel set. I attached a piece of plywood to the top so I can use it for a stand as well when I'm out.

Have fun

diesel-mech
08-28-2004, 03:38 PM
I've got a mac full size top and bottom (mb1100 series?) Its a Jessie James west coast choppers edition. Its cool looking but I wish I had the snap-on back that I traded in. I'll take some pics of some of the boxes at work and try to get them posted soon.

Woodsrider
08-29-2004, 09:16 AM
My tool box at work is a Snap-on KRL1001 Intimidator with a add on side cabinet. I was recently given an advancement to assistant sevice manager/foreman, and am in line for a service manager job at a new line the owner is opening soon. So Im trying to find room for it in my garage. Its over six feet long and full it weighs over 2400 pounds.:o

Woodsrider
08-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by diesel-mech
I've got a mac full size top and bottom (mb1100 series?) Its a Jessie James west coast choppers edition. Its cool looking but I wish I had the snap-on back that I traded in. I'll take some pics of some of the boxes at work and try to get them posted soon.

Ive seen that box, one of the techs in our shop bought one for his garage box at home. Your right, its a cool looking box, but its not built for heavy use. Its more of a glamor box.
Tool boxes in our shop are out of control. The smallest box in the shop is a snapon 1001, with the exception of the two aprentices boxes.

Mxjunkie
08-29-2004, 09:33 AM
We have two craftsmen roll around jobs, 6 drawers and a craftsmen tool chest, working on getting a Jesse James edition one as soon as we can

Its the red thing with the stickers :p
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/pd3265eaaa526c7556c8c222f9da77523/f73c3e11.jpg

diesel-mech
08-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Ive seen that box, one of the techs in our shop bought one for his garage box at home. Your right, its a cool looking box, but its not built for heavy use. Its more of a glamor box.
Tool boxes in our shop are out of control. The smallest box in the shop is a snapon 1001, with the exception of the two aprentices boxes.

I'd say you hit the nail right on the head! It draws a lot of attention (some times to much from the wrong type people if you know what I mean) I'm thinking of adding 2 full side cabinets just to get all my tools back inside it. I had a snap on with one full cabinet and a side box. I like the shallow draws of a snap on. It lets you use a lot of dead space that you loose with too many deep draws. Most of the guys I work with use bench still boxes. I don't care for them cause I like my tools in front of me as opposed to bending over every time you need something. Just a personal preference. My wife has a black snap on KRL4000 series with a full side cabinet. Its cool looking. I also have an older mac box I use in my garage at home. Its not a bad box at all but doesn't have roller bearings. I also still have my fist tool box which is a full size Kennedy. I bought it used in high school, its over 30 years old and still in good shape. Kennedy makes a good box IMO Craftsman makes a good "home" toolbox or for a leadman/ service tech. that is taking care of minor jobs to keep customers flowing through the shop.

roostin_dale
08-29-2004, 11:10 AM
we have a craftsman in the garage and one in the trailer...

JDiablo
08-29-2004, 11:46 AM
i got a black craftsman,two piece,roller set thingy lol hell it holds all my tools...me and my dad had a shopping frenzy that weekend,700 for the box,then we went to homedepot for a phone line.....lets just say that was a expensive *** phoneline at 700++ dollars...lol i was in heaven all the tools i need to work on a quad...now i need a welders:devil:

brian-250
08-29-2004, 12:36 PM
ive got 4 craftsmen/snapon/some japenese POS, tool boxes every draw full, so if i dont have it, you dont need it.:D