PDA

View Full Version : anyone race 1/8 scale 4x4 nitro buggys

holeshot19
08-25-2004, 04:07 PM
wondering what would be a good one to get:devil:

lil400exman
08-25-2004, 04:09 PM
check out a ofna ultra. may not be the fastest but they are tough. i like kyosho's very much. you can usually pick up a kit on ebay for hundreds less! :devil:

MY450R
08-25-2004, 06:34 PM
ive got a whole bunch for sale pm me

MY450R
08-26-2004, 06:15 AM
get an exterminator or an inferno 7.5

Antnee77
08-26-2004, 09:30 AM
I have a pretty-much-new 1/10 scale Nitro 4-Tec for sale here (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120288&highlight=Traxxas) If you must have a 1/8, check out Compagnucci. They have some AWESOME 1/8 scale cars that are RTR and come in a nice case. They run on straight gas or nitro. You can also get a Ferrari F50 body!

BYRD-MAN
08-26-2004, 11:39 AM
I wouldnt recomend an exterminator. They suck. I have a ofna hyper seven with a .26 stock motor and this thing rips. Keeps up with the kyosho and the ofna comes ready to run.

MY450R
08-26-2004, 11:48 AM
i also have a hyper 7 and it has hyper 21 in it
and xterminators do not suck it beats the hyper 7 in a drag and on the track
i have like 20 rc's 3 electric the rest nitro and i can tell you that xtc puts out a great product
not saying that ofna isnt good cause i love ofna but that xterminator and the x-factor are awesome

Knight440
08-26-2004, 01:08 PM
If ya got the Money a Kyosho Kanai 3 is a great buggy just gonig to cost ya a bunch Think mine is up too $1,200.00 now LOLOL

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4205940093

440ex2001
08-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Xterminators dont suck. They freakin rip. They come with alot of upgrades that the higher priced buggies come with for alot less money. Plus they have a xtm 24.7 engine thats most buggies in that price range come with .21's. I love mine to death and never have had a problem out of it. i only paid about 300 for mine new.

muddy400EX
08-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Knight440
If ya got the Money a Kyosho Kanai 3 is a great buggy just gonig to cost ya a bunch Think mine is up too $1,200.00 now LOLOL

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4205940093

them are some nice cars ya got there. i also have a rc10gt.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/dirtbiker/P4190001.jpg

Knight440
08-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
i also have a hyper 7 and it has hyper 21 in it
and xterminators do not suck it beats the hyper 7 in a drag and on the track
i have like 20 rc's 3 electric the rest nitro and i can tell you that xtc puts out a great product
not saying that ofna isnt good cause i love ofna but that xterminator and the x-factor are awesome

Hey where ya from in MA we have a full track set up in a buddys back yard Ill try and post some pics of it. we are in eastern MA by the RI line.

and yes the ofna buggys are good too I have a new Ultra Comp for sale with on day of use on it I have had two differnt ofnas and they where both nice rides the Hyper 7 is the best from ofna tho it handle's just like the K3 I have very controlable.

And can some one tell me how to post pic's on the page it's been so long sence i last tried I can't figure it out:confused:

holeshot19
08-26-2004, 09:37 PM
i looked at the ofna 9.5 and it was like 439. and it was a rtr kit but ill have to ditch the radio i have futaba pcm fm radios and i also looked at those mugen kits wow that kit with a engine will cost 1000.00 but the kyosho are nice also:mad:

Antnee77
08-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey where ya from in MA we have a full track set up in a buddys back yard Ill try and post some pics of it. we are in eastern MA by the RI line.

and yes the ofna buggys are good too I have a new Ultra Comp for sale with on day of use on it I have had two differnt ofnas and they where both nice rides the Hyper 7 is the best from ofna tho it handle's just like the K3 I have very controlable.

And can some one tell me how to post pic's on the page it's been so long sence i last tried I can't figure it out:confused:

Is this the track in Taunton? I went there once. There is an on-road track in Dartmouth also.

Whatever you do, prepare to spend some $$$. This is an expensive hobby and these cars tend to have little problems and small things break and parts are not always cheap. Have fun.

stephiesjeffy
08-29-2004, 12:11 AM
man to heck with that buggy crap. Get a HPI Savage they are hot in the market the number one selling truck in the world and have alot of aftermarket stuff for them and they are crazy fast they can handel a beating and beg for more I bought one in Feb and everyone here has one now you will be in shock when you see them just out of kindness go to Savagecentral.com and check out the vids they are great. But it is up to you alot of people think their trucks are better but everyone is going to bias to what they own and thats good to have loyalty is something have fun man

440ex2001
08-29-2004, 02:14 PM
I bought 2 savages last year. It was fine until I upgraded then engine. After that I couldnt race the dang thing with out something breaking.Keep in mind I didnt crash it when things broke I was just racing it or buzzing around the yard. First I went though about 4 sets of wheels cause the hubs kept stripping then I got stronger wheels and the axles started breaking then I got HD shafts and the the center drive shafts started breaking. When I got center cvds they kept coming apart. The pull starter always screwed up. I never pulled it back to far I know about that one but it stil screwed up. The steering servos strip like crazy you need to upgrade to metal gear and the bolt literally back them selves out over time. If you get a savage25 it might be ok but you'll alwayd want some thing faster you'll buy a stronger engine and thats when it all starts. Buggies are built to race. Every thing that came plastic on my savage is now steel on my buggy. I have never had a problem out of it ever. I had about 2000 in my savage and it was one of the best around here but I got tires of running it for 5 mins and replacing something. The reason I bought to was becaues I thought the first was just a lemon or something but had the same results as the first. THe savage does handle good for a MT but not like a buggy. It jumps excellent you can jump 10 feet and if it lands on all fours your fine but if not get out your wallet. Stick to the buggies less complicated built for racing more fun and ALOT more reliable.

brian-250
08-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Ive got about $1800 worth of RC stuff f/s, gimme $600 and its yours any takers? ive never raced but always liked meesin with these things lol.:o

Big400EX
08-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
ive got a whole bunch for sale pm me

Me too.

Knight440
08-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Stick to the buggies less complicated built for racing more fun and ALOT more reliable.

Trucks are fun but more for bashing in a parking lot some where we got three tracks around here we run on so buggys are great and Take a beating.

Woodsrider
08-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Trucks are fun but more for bashing in a parking lot some where we got three tracks around here we run on so buggys are great and Take a beating.

See here its just the opposite, there is no place to road race the nitro cars, but the trucks and off road buggies get a lot of use. They regularly race on the bmx track here in town, LOL that track gets used more for r/c cars than it does bikes.