PDA

View Full Version : TC Exhaust

rob12
08-25-2004, 08:50 AM
I just got one off of e-bay--its just the silencer part(not sure if they offer full or not) anyway anybody else got one???? Let me know what ya think????? 400EX is what its on

400ex men
08-25-2004, 10:29 AM
i dont have a TC but i do have a Sparks TC is good but Sparks is#1:)

Giz400ex
08-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by 400ex men
i dont have a TC but i do have a Sparks TC is good but Sparks is#1:) :confused: :huh

PEPwalshZ440
08-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 400ex men
i dont have a TC but i do have a Sparks TC is good but Sparks is#1:)

wishful thinking :macho

TC426EX
08-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Youll like that exhaust alot. I used to run one on my 426 but got a sparks x-6 later to see how it was. TC only made a slip on for the 400ex. Its not really a "slip on" like many of the other ones out there. It uses a reverse cone megaphone like the good full pipes use like Sparks, LRD, and CT, while slip ons just usually use an S-bend pipe. They tested and concluded that the stock diameter head pipe was optimal for torque and stil would let a built motor rev out hard as well after being shortened and using the reverse cone megaphone shorty silencer. I forget how much you gotta cut off the stock header but its something like 5-6 inches, I would call to be sure. The thing youll notice the most about that pipe is that it pulls hard on bottom, and has a GIANT midrange wallop. It doesnt have as good of top end as say a sparks or LRD, but it is no slouch up top either. Bottom line, its a great pipe that is popular with alot of racers and I rate it up in the top 2 pipes for the EX...

hondarider2006
08-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Youll like that exhaust alot. I used to run one on my 426 but got a sparks x-6 later to see how it was. TC only made a slip on for the 400ex. Its not really a "slip on" like many of the other ones out there. It uses a reverse cone megaphone like the good full pipes use like Sparks, LRD, and CT, while slip ons just usually use an S-bend pipe. They tested and concluded that the stock diameter head pipe was optimal for torque and stil would let a built motor rev out hard as well after being shortened and using the reverse cone megaphone shorty silencer. I forget how much you gotta cut off the stock header but its something like 5-6 inches, I would call to be sure. The thing youll notice the most about that pipe is that it pulls hard on bottom, and has a GIANT midrange wallop. It doesnt have as good of top end as say a sparks or LRD, but it is no slouch up top either. Bottom line, its a great pipe that is popular with alot of racers and I rate it up in the top 2 pipes for the EX...

Glad to hear this, I just bought one off of Muff:cool:

rob12
08-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the info!!! I've got a sparks X-6 header with no silencer that I may try to cut to fit!!! Best of both worlds......

TC426EX
08-26-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by rob12
Thanks for the info!!! I've got a sparks X-6 header with no silencer that I may try to cut to fit!!! Best of both worlds......

It wont fit man... They are different diameters. The TC is made to adapt on to the stock diameter header. The Sparks header is MUCH larger than stock, and that is the reason for the slightly better top end. It is also the reason why the TC produces more bottom-mid than the sparks. The header size is not even close, and if you want to do what you are suggesting you may as well just get the sparks silencer. It uses the reverse cone megaphone just like the TC but is just a larger diameter. If you want to run a shorty exhaust, just get the sparks and chop it...

JRDrider22
08-26-2004, 10:01 AM
tc is nice. but the truth hurts. sparks is the best engine maker. sparks has had the best exhaust for several years. next year things may change tc may be the next

brif
08-26-2004, 05:41 PM
I had a TC exhaust on my 400ex that I had 3 years ago. It made good power but was real loud. Even when I switched to the supertrapp end caps to gain a sparky it was still loud. It looked great with the racing end cap, but wasn't very practical for me and the areas I ride/rode.
I tried to get rid of it and almost couldn't give it away(this was before I owned a computer and got on here) around here.

Before you buy the TC I'd recommend you to me honest with yourself about the loudness and sparky. For closed coarse riding, where sound isn't an issue I'd go for it. If you ride alot of trails or have picky neighbors I'd maybe consider something else. Just my $.02.